Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - At what age is a woman considered past her prime?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

At what age is a woman considered past her prime?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 9:16am
After kids.
Same for men.
Kids age you.

Edited by melikey - Dec 24 2013 at 9:17am
Sponsored Links

petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 9:34am
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

After kids.
Same for men.
Kids age you.

Nuh Uhh! I gave birth to 5 boys and I am still a size 4 with a shape and look like I'm in my 20's although I am in my 30's. My last son was born in august and you would never be able to tell I had a baby 4 months ago. People see me out with all my kids and they look bewilderedLOL

My husband even looks at me at times and goes Damn after all these years and babies you still look sexy as hellEmbarrassed

You have to take care of your self and it will pay off.Wink

Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 9:35am
Very subjective & broad...Like I said there are some that will never be considered "prime" because they don't appeal to the masses and/or they've been jacked up from birth...so those you rule out...then of course as you age your prorities become more based on substance than purely physical. But for the argument of this thread...here are some women that are past their "prime"

Halle-47 (on her 2nd baby)

Michelle Obama-49 body & brains!

Janet Jackson-47

Angela Bassett-55

Stacy Dash-47

Mary J-42

Vanessa Williams-50

Toni Braxton-45

Salli Richardson-46

Lisa Raye-46

Now all of these women are both accomplished & have a few dollars above their lunch money...but their mass appeal can't be denied. You can do a cross section pole and I'm sure they would still consider these women desirable.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 9:36am
Yasssss! All gorgeous women. Y'all better stop buying into this prime stuff. Black women really are like fine wine.
yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 9:40am
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

Wise words!!!

Congrats on staying sexy!!

Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 9:40am

Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

After kids.
Same for men.
Kids age you.

Nuh Uhh! I gave birth to 5 boys and I am still a size 4 with a shape and look like I'm in my 20's although I am in my 30's. My last son was born in august and you would never be able to tell I had a baby 4 months ago. People see me out with all my kids and they look bewilderedLOL

My husband even looks at me at times and goes Damn after all these years and babies you still look sexy as hellEmbarrassed

I agree with the bolded...that has more to do with a longer "prime" standing than anything else...LOL
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 9:49am
Originally posted by yaya24 yaya24 wrote:

Wise words!!!

Congrats on staying sexy!!

Thanks!Big smile
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 10:01am
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

My friend and I were having this discussion. At what age is a woman over the hill? I mean physically. At what age is she no longer considered a "hot commodity"? Does it depend on the woman--her looks and her accomplishments for her age? 

Yes.
It also depends on what a male is looking for in a woman, based on his own needs, accomplishments and what he's bringing to the table. Since we are talking physically, if he's looking like boiled sh*t, he is in no position to demand a woman who is banging at 47/57.

But back to the topic....its not cut and dried. I guess even a 65 year old woman can be hot commodity to a specific man.

Edited by Wildfire - Dec 24 2013 at 10:05am
trudawg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote trudawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 10:05am
Being an older cat myself who has dated  both younger an older women, I say it depends on the woman's energy and drive past forty. I've dated younger women who look and act much older, and older women who could run circles around younger chicks.
At about 45 my ex just didn't have the energy to keep up, she was tired all the time, unmotivated, and content. Whereas I was aggressively grabbing life by the horns, she was watching Jeopardy and ready for bed after Nightline.
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 10:10am
^i have a 62 year old male co-worker who's out every night (and up early for work in the morning) and all weekend...his energy is unbelievable...
he's into 20-30 somethings....understandable...i hardly see alot of 60 something females having his level of energy. But i'm sure there are the exceptions

Edited by Wildfire - Dec 24 2013 at 10:11am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System