Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - At what age did u have the Sex talk with ur kids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

At what age did u have the Sex talk with ur kids

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 9:58pm
aww, thanks.  i had to...i feel responsible for her since we are 12 yrs apart.
Sponsored Links

demilee27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demilee27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 9:59pm
14yrs old
SweetNovember* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 10:03pm
My mom never talked to me about sex. When I was about 14 and started talking to boys on the phone she told me this is the age girls start having babies and not to bring any babies around here. She also later took the phone from my room for some reason and said I couldn't talk to boys in her house. When I got to about 18 she said something about don't be nobody fool. Basically saying if you're giving something up he should be doing his part.

When my little sister started talking on the phone my mom didn't have a problem with it. And she started having sex...let's see...four years before I did. But neither of us have babies.

I think sex is everyone's personal decision. There's nothing you can tell someone to make them not wanna do it or use protection. They're going to do what they want. People try to act like they don't know how to prevent pregnancy but they know.

eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

My mom never talked to me about sex. When I was about 14 and started talking to boys on the phone she told me this is the age girls start having babies and not to bring any babies around here. She also later took the phone from my room for some reason and said I couldn't talk to boys in her house. When I got to about 18 she said something about don't be nobody fool. Basically saying if you're giving something up he should be doing his part.

When my little sister started talking on the phone my mom didn't have a problem with it. And she started having sex...let's see...four years before I did. But neither of us have babies.

I think sex is everyone's personal decision. There's nothing you can tell someone to make them not wanna do it or use protection. They're going to do what they want. People try to act like they don't know how to prevent pregnancy but they know.

did yall always use condoms or did she put either of you on birth control?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

did yall always use condoms or did she put either of you on birth control?

I don't know what my sister did. She was 18 I think when she lost hers. Whatever she's doing is working. I've always used condoms. My mom never said anything to us about BC. My brother didn't have his first child til he was 27.  I think people mimic what they see around them. Meaning our parents did not do that so we knew it was not okay.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 10:23pm
Oh but my brother's gf said he never used a condom for three whole years so I guess he was just lucky to have lasted that long lol.
tropical-punch View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropical-punch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 10:55pm
My parents never had that that talk with me. My dad had very low expectations for me though. He thought I'd be a teen parent. My mom accused me of having abortions. I'd never treat my child like that.
tasty0619 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tasty0619 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 2:24am
I think there is age appropriate sex conversations that can be had at those ages. I talk to my 6YO about inappropriate touching.
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 3:15am
Originally posted by Beautiful_One Beautiful_One wrote:

I have a 12 year old boy and a 8 year old boy. Is this too early to have the sex talk? Of course I would do it seperatly. Males please advise too.Ouch

I am christian also.. never really received one except "don't have sex" lol.. anywho talk to them about wet dreams and tell them that it is normal. Also if you have a male partner have him discuss to them about hidding their hard ons in public. Tell them being turned on is normal and how to let them self go if needed. Make sure you allow them to ask questions, make sure it is a comfortable enviornment. Speak to the 12 year old about knowing about condoms, show him how to put one on. But tell them it is not a shameful thing to be a virgin until they are ready to be in a monogamus/married relationship. Speak to them about waiting and what to do if they feel that wait is over. Always have these talks please this should not be a one time thing. You will do fineSmile
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2013 at 3:20am
i dont know what age i will speak to my kids. but i do talk about pregnancy alot with them already and they're 4 and 6. i just say little things from time to time and see how they respond...i suppose i'll just add more details as they get older of course. cause they still think i ate them, and thats why they spent all that time in my stomach.

but at 12 yes i probably wouldve already started talking. i think i got my talk some where around 10-12 cause i got my period and there this big thing about boobs....but it depends on the kid i think.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>