Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Associates degree

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 4.20  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 6:46pm
Ironic that reading wasnt fundamental in this thread....she said she's continuing on to her bachelors....im damn proud of my associates degree & it will stay on my CV for life. I partied harder @ that graduation than the others that followed...go 'head girl, congratulations!!!
Sponsored Links

LilMissSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LilMissSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 7:21pm
I read an article that associate degree holders make more money and more likely to get a job than bachelor degree holders. It really depends. Did you go for a technical degree or something liberal arts-y? If you got a technical degree then its totally worth it. If you got an associates in sociology...get more schooling, and change your major.
iChinaaBanks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iChinaaBanks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 9:35am
I'm in school for Fashion Merchandising AS at SNHU...then I wanna transfer into a general business bachelors.  I heard the only time you put an AS degree on your resume is if you stop there or have 2 different majors/degrees.
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 9:37am

congratulations bribby!  I wish you more success
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2014 at 3:59am
Absolutely nothing wrong with a associates if that what you want.  At the end of the day it is all about you and what you want in life.  If you want to stop at getting an associates, cool.  Or if you want to pursue two PhD's and a masters, that is also cool.  Basically do what works for you.  I can sit here all day and night saying that oh you need such and such degrees to succeed in life but I am no psychic.  Hell I know folks who have a HS diploma or not even that and are doing quite well for themselves (self employed).  As long as you have goals and doing what needs to done to achieve them, I wouldn't concern myself with other folks opinions.  Congratulations in earning your degree and I wish you further success.
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 9:22am
I understand I asked for yalls opinions on the Associates. So that's cool.

Originally posted by zolloh zolloh wrote:

Ironic that reading wasnt fundamental in this thread....she said she's continuing on to her bachelors....im damn proud of my associates degree & it will stay on my CV for life. I partied harder @ that graduation than the others that followed...go 'head girl, congratulations!!!

Yeah... I think everyone didn't see that part. I didn't plan on getting the Associates, I already transferred, I then had enough credits for the degree since most of my credits were from the community college they would send my transcript back.. I decided to partake in the ceremony since I was pregnant during my high school grad. I think this is like a 2nd chance lol 

Originally posted by LilMissSunshine LilMissSunshine wrote:

I read an article that associate degree holders make more money and more likely to get a job than bachelor degree holders.  It really depends. Did you go for a technical degree or something liberal arts-y? If you got a technical degree then its totally worth it. If you got an associates in sociology...get more schooling, and change your major.

Yup I thought I'd just get the general studies but since I took all of the business classes they require for the associates at the University, they're getting me the Associates of Arts but in Business Admin, most people just get the General studies one. 

Originally posted by newin2009 newin2009 wrote:

Congratulations!!!! I graduate in May with my Associate's and I'm proud of myself. It is a half way step towards my Bachelor's. Keep going! And if you can, go for your Master's after you get your Bachelor's. I look at it like 3 steps towards the main goal: Master's.

Awesome!! I'm graduating in May too. I'm looking at it like the same thing. My parents just want me to continue through college don't take any breaks!

Originally posted by bindy bindy wrote:

Community college can be a good place to earn cheap credits......you just have to make sure that your 4 year college or university will accept the credits before you take the course at community college.

Agreed!! Yup we have a 2+2 program so that's what I've been doing. & you have to keep in mind there may be a limit on how many transfer credits they accept
TeeTee1984 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeeTee1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 9:37am
Congrats on your accomplishment. Clap Aim for the stars!

My bestie has an associates degree in dental hygiene has made great $$ since 2004. She is def making at least 70k.

Not a bad gig with an associates degree. I know folks out here BEGGING for 45k jobs with a bachelors degree.

It was initially a stepping stone, but then she got married and has a child now. Once her son is out of elementary school she plans on pursuing her BS in dental hygiene.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234