Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

assess this fight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 34>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 1.80  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

That 2nd video is so disgraceful and disgusting for both parties

However, I often ponder how exactly so many Black women have become that particular brand of disgusting. Is it because they have severely internalized the horrific racist imagery of the racist White media or is it something else?

I see poor people in every group do disgusting things but some Black American women are just.... sigh... walking caricatures. I just don't understand

Confused

[Bunz]May I simp you?[/Bunz]
You already got it bew.EmbarrassedLOL

Sponsored Links

rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 11:30pm
all my life I had to fight
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 11:34pm
you know, there's an anecdote about white southern sensibilities on blackness

They love the black person, but hate the race 

Tragically, unfortunately there are too many blacks that feel the same way.

Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 11:39pm
EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

That 2nd video is so disgraceful and disgusting for both parties

However, I often ponder how exactly so many Black women have become that particular brand of disgusting. Is it because they have severely internalized the horrific racist imagery of the racist White media or is it something else?

I see poor people in every group do disgusting things but some Black American women are just.... sigh... walking caricatures. I just don't understand

Confused

[Bunz]May I simp you?[/Bunz]
You already got it bew.EmbarrassedLOL

EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

yes ricky!

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (11) Thanks(11)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 11:41pm
also there is no exceptional black, that's a delusion,  racist trickery

That black stereotype that you're sure you're above, is undoubtedly being applied to you.  

As black women, none of us are immune from being mistreated in a store based solely on a stereotype, it isn't a laughing matter, that only affects THEM

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 11:48pm
I see you've been reading cc Geek
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 11:48pm
Ricky that is so true.  The new black only exists in his own mind.  Not a single one of us can change how we are perceived.  How we act yes, but how we are perceived no.  You can't be on your best behavior carrying the weight of the race on your back 24/7.  Even if you're not loud and angry, you can be perceived that way.  

I remember in grade school always being told to be quiet.  I wasn't talking to myself.  I wasn't starting conversations.  I would cry because my marks and comments meant a lot to me.  Even though I wasn't initiating anything, the teacher was very aware of me, moreso than my white classmates.  Was I talking?  Yes.  Was I doing more than any other child in class?  Not at all.  

We call BS.  
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 11:50pm
This ain't about THEM

This is about us

Why shouldn't we address how we behave amongst each other? You're too aware of the outside gaze, I don't care for it. We will always be stereotyped and considered the lowest regardless of how we act

The question I posed was regarding the way some of us actually act and why? But I guess one can not even pose the question without suspected of being 'uppity'; therefore, this conversation is mute to boot
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 11:55pm
I don't consider us the lowest, not at all, in any way
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2014 at 11:56pm
I didn't say you did, that was in regards to "THEM"
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair