FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Aspergers???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 5:04pm
in tech field, I've met quite a few people with it

Edited by PurplePhase - Jan 30 2014 at 5:05pm
Sponsored Links

BrownQtee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownQtee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 5:05pm
A big one is not being able to pick up on social cues. They usually don't know how to respect someone's bubble. I learned that the hard way Sleepy
mangachan View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mangachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 5:08pm
Sheldon is the best character ever though. lol

In all seriousness, I know someone that might have this based on how they have always acted and what other people say about this person.  I don't know if it would be at all beneficial to tell them they might have this.  This person's behavior is getting to be increasingly more obnoxious.  They think it's normal; always someone elses' fault and therefore see no reason to change or why anyone would think differently than them...the increasing lack of empathy is just frustrating.  This would explain a lot.
iliveforbhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 7:57pm
They don't possess empathy to a degree and lack forming a connection to social cues. Basically they cannot to the outside world or its very limited.
Ladycoils View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladycoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 8:21pm
Yes it is real.. There is a white chick at work that I believe has it. She is extremely awkward among other things
Prtybrwneye_z View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Prtybrwneye_z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 9:03pm
The diagnosis of Asperger's was eliminated in the 2013 fifth edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5) and replaced by a diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder on a severity scale.
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 9:51pm
Yes it is super real out here.  Met several people in IT who would fall under this category.
demilee27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demilee27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2014 at 11:43pm
Yes is real, I have a masters in psychology and work with the "D.D" population, (Developmental Delay)
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 11:36am
Originally posted by Prtybrwneye_z Prtybrwneye_z wrote:

The diagnosis of Asperger's was eliminated in the 2013 fifth edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5) and replaced by a diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder on a severity scale.

Yes.  It makes sense too.  I'm having my son diagnosed now but most of the people who work in the field who have met him say if he is he's is in this very broad spectrum.  I think of people like Bill Gates.  They are generally normal but something about them is just a little "different", "odd".   Very logical / literal.  Sometimes I want to say "BECAUSE I SAID IT IS" but he doesn't have a ticker for thatLOL
Qualified View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qualified Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2014 at 12:07pm
Yes its real. I encountered this guy at my local grocery store (WHO WORKED IN THE DELI), that couldnt get the clue. Very attractive but for some reason I could tell that something wasnt meeting in the middle. He's very intelligent, and he always talks my head off about EVERYTHING, but his social cue meter aint hittin on sh!t!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic