Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Asking Your S.O. First...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 1.80  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Midwest_Da_Gawd View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Midwest_Da_Gawd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

were these women black?
Yup...

were they single?
Well I remembered one of them invited me to this workshop on being comfortable with being single awhile back. Later down the line when she found out I was engaged she was like Shocked I didn't know I was obligated to tell her smh...

The other 2 chicks, I'm not sure about though.

LMFAO
Sponsored Links

Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 4:36pm
Exactly.
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 4:38pm
what?  a workshop?  lmaooooooooooooooo
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 4:41pm

were these women black?
Yup...

were they single?
Well I remembered one of them invited me to this workshop on being comfortable with being single awhile back. Later down the line when she found out I was engaged she was like Shocked I didn't know I was obligated to tell her smh...

The other 2 chicks, I'm not sure about though.

Details please! LOL
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 4:53pm
Oh stahp itLOL

I politely declined when I was invited to go to that ..erm meeting. I forgot the excuse I gave her...but I didn't wanna make her feel bad by saying I was already tooken (lol) and can' t relate.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 4:55pm
There are workshops for being single? If you need a workshop, ya doing it wrong.LOL
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 4:59pm
my ls almost went to one of those w/her church.....we judged her lol and told her that was stupid
Ds2nice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Ds2nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 5:08pm
Well, here's my personal experience on this (this may not be same issue for other ladies/gentlemen here).:

For many many years, I made it a habit/routine to consult with my hubby first before making a decision.  Because of my habit/routine, he had grown a habit/routine for me to include him in all of my decisions...even the decisions that I don't believe requires his opinions.  It was my fault because I had spoiled him to feel this way.

Now and for the future:  When it comes down to male companionships (including co-workers or etc.), i will make the decisions on whether i'm going to hangout with this individual.  I will provide this information to my husband for only information purposes and would not include him in my decision making unless i really need his opinion on it.  The same goes for him.  
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

There are workshops for being single? If you need a workshop, ya doing it wrong.LOL

amen
ImThatDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImThatDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 5:13pm
Didn't read the thread but I give notice I'm going somewhere on a certain date out of respect and courtesy. If he has an issue with it, he'll let me know and we discuss.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style