Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12

Author
naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by RedSoxtober RedSoxtober wrote:

I have a question regarding glycerin and vegetable glycerin.  Latey, I've been reading and watching a lot of homemade condtioner recipes in which most (if not all) used vegetable glycerin as one of the ingredients.  I've only used glycerin in my conditoner and got nice results. Is one more beneficial than the other or is it just personal preference?

read that link hopefully it helps

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/curl-products/curlysuzy-qa-whats-the-difference-between-glycerin-and-vegetable-glycerin
Sponsored Links

RedSoxtober View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2012 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by naynay455 naynay455 wrote:

Originally posted by RedSoxtober RedSoxtober wrote:

I have a question regarding glycerin and vegetable glycerin.  Latey, I've been reading and watching a lot of homemade condtioner recipes in which most (if not all) used vegetable glycerin as one of the ingredients.  I've only used glycerin in my conditoner and got nice results. Is one more beneficial than the other or is it just personal preference?

read that link hopefully it helps

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/curl-products/curlysuzy-qa-whats-the-difference-between-glycerin-and-vegetable-glycerin
I read that link and I'm currently reading this topic in the forum. Interesting reads. http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/recipes-%97-hair-body/61417-there-difference-between-glycerin-vegetable-glycerin.html
Abstraction View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abstraction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2012 at 3:51pm
I am in a hair growth rut right now and need some help!

I am transitioning my hair to be fully texturized and I have relaxed ends. Anyways, here's my problem and the question:

My last touch up was over summer sometime. I can't completely remember when, but it's definitely been more than 8 weeks. I'd say it's close to three months now. But I don't even have close to an inch of new growth. Why has my hair growth slowed down so much? and what can I do to help it along?

naynay455 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naynay455 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2012 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by Abstraction Abstraction wrote:

I am in a hair growth rut right now and need some help!

I am transitioning my hair to be fully texturized and I have relaxed ends. Anyways, here's my problem and the question:

My last touch up was over summer sometime. I can't completely remember when, but it's definitely been more than 8 weeks. I'd say it's close to three months now. But I don't even have close to an inch of new growth. Why has my hair growth slowed down so much? and what can I do to help it along?

if ur not usually a slow grower then i would say start with clearifying ur scalp perhaps with some scalp stimulating conditoner. paul mithchell tea tree is good. daily scalp massages, and hair supplement/vitamins.
also make sure its not an underlying health issue causing it.
Abstraction View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abstraction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2012 at 9:36am
Thank you! I'll try all of these. I actually just started doing more frequent clarifying and using ACV. It's really helped my hairs health as far as retaining moisture. But I'm not sure if it's encouraged anymore growth just yet. I used to massage in the past, but I guess I didn't think it was helping much so I just stopped. hah!

I've also read/head somewhere that hair grows faster in the summer and I'm wondering if maybe the winter time has stunted the growth?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style