Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Asian American Frat @ UCI does Blackface

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

Author
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2013 at 10:42pm
Yea, I'm not surprised that this happened at UCI either

Irvine is only the most Asian city I've ever seen in Life
Sponsored Links

Lonisha87 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonisha87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2013 at 12:07am
They make the whole UC system look bad and I'm ashamed the school let this happen. They all need to get in trouble.
sache1991 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sache1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2013 at 1:49am
Asian dudes are soo cheezy.LOL

Edited by sache1991 - Apr 27 2013 at 1:51am
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2013 at 4:23am
UC Irvine?

Um, yeah.  To be expected.
Queenbeeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Queenbeeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2013 at 5:54am
This is why I don't *&%^$#@Es with Asians, they align themselves with white people more than any other ethnic minority. 
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2013 at 7:24am
University of California and its affiliates,

We, the Black Student Union, will no longer stand for the continuous disrespect of our community.

How many of our freshman will have to move out of their dorms due to racial harassment?
How many times will we be disrespected and demonized for asking questions in class?
How many times will we be spat at and have trash thrown at us while walking to the ARC?
How many times will we be called “Brotha Man” outside of Albertsons?
How many times will we be publicly embarrassed and harassed at campus bus stops?

In 2011, our campus allowed Pippin Commons to host a chicken and waffles dinner “in honor of” Martin Luther King Jr.
In 2012, Pi Beta Phi felt it appropriate to give a “Once you go Black, you never go back” award.
This year, Alpha Phi and Phi Psi felt it appropriate to decorate a fraternity paddle with the words “slave driver” and “little slave” on it.
This week, Lambda Theta Delta felt it appropriate to use Blackface in multiple promotion videos.

Although it is easy to cite Greek organizations as perpetrators of racism, this is not a Greek issue. This is more than that. It is also more than an individual issue. This is a UC system wide issue, and ultimately, a world-wide issue. AntiBlackness and racism is reproduced within each UC campus, whether in the form of nooses at UC San Diego or Ku Klux Klan hoods in UC Davis.

What all of these actions have in common is a lack of respect, a lack of accountability, and a disregard of particular students’ well being on campus.
Because these actions (not to mention the more mundane and less publicized forms of violence) continue to occur despite repeated outcry for justice, apologies are no longer enough. It has never been enough, and it will never be.

We, the Black Student Union, will no longer stand for this.
We demand that WHEN (not if) another incident of organized racism occurs on this campus, official punitive policies will be utilized and in place to address the perpetrators.

We will repeat- the Black Student Union, will no longer stand for this.

While there is racism, we will not rest.
Sleek View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2013 at 7:57am
Fck them they suffer from little dick sickness anyways and ya can't tell me they don't, I got one at my job who thinks he's a "brutha" I had to check a couple of weeks ago and bring him back to reality.....fck them
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2013 at 8:50am
Didn't I say that that there is nothing that Black women (and men) can do to get non-Black ppl to respect and accept us because it is not our actions that they detest the most... it is us?

You can't even work hard on your studies or at you r job without encountering some ignorant ish like this, its ridiculous

But this is how non Blacks prefer it to be. They want Blacks to be intimidated and suffer from being at the bottom of the totem pole so that we aren't competition. Make no mistake that where we are with all of our social, economical, financial woes is where society wants (and planned for) us to be. All the more reason why our community needs to get our sh*t together
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2013 at 9:46am
I so these are American Asians? Why would they do this? What were they trying to do? proove?
Carmensworld View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmensworld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2013 at 10:08am
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Didn't I say that that there is nothing that Black women (and men) can do to get non-Black ppl to respect and accept us because it is not our actions that they detest the most... it is us?

You can't even work hard on your studies or at you r job without encountering some ignorant ish like this, its ridiculous

But this is how non Blacks prefer it to be. They want Blacks to be intimidated and suffer from being at the bottom of the totem pole so that we aren't competition. Make no mistake that where we are with all of our social, economical, financial woes is where society wants (and planned for) us to be. All the more reason why our community needs to get our sh*t together

I wish I could carry your brain around in my pocket so I could lend it to some of these fools LOL.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style