Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Natural Hair Care - Archives > General Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAshanti is natural?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
missnbh View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2007 at 6:42pm
actually i've seen  pics of beyonce, mya, Jada and Queen Latiffa and others with their natural hair and i know that its time consuming and damaging to have to flat iron your hair every day or curl it just because you have a few more interviews to do.  Wigs are really good at protecting your hair from sun damage and pollutants in the air.  With a full schedule it doesn't make sense to whip off your wig for an interview.

Beyonce's hair as of May 02, 2006, i'm sure that its grown.

Edited by missnbh - Jun 19 2007 at 9:55pm
Sponsored Links

yassy View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2007 at 10:59pm
You mean to tell me that ITheir schedule is sooo tight that even on a vacation they still have the weaves and wigs on. You mean to tell me that vacation time is still not a good time to be seen with natural hair. I just saw pics of bey on vaycay with a lace weave. all that sweat and stank festering under that sweaty salt water humid atmosphere yuk. I am a huge Bey fan but during the summer I need to wear my natural hair so that I can rinse my hair often to keep it clean.

I am not a Lace front hater, I actuall have one so that I can have straight hair with out damaging my hair but MOST of the time I am in my own natural texture.

Dehinds View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2007 at 2:04am
It's like a tired excuse. We'll be lucky if we see those so-called natural celebrities without wigs. Damn I even see Paris Hilton without her weaves once or twice LOL but come on like someone mentioned the type 3 naturals don't have a problem with wearing their hair out. 
Soulie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2007 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by yassy yassy wrote:

You mean to tell me that ITheir schedule is sooo tight that even on a vacation they still have the weaves and wigs on. You mean to tell me that vacation time is still not a good time to be seen with natural hair. I just saw pics of bey on vaycay with a lace weave. all that sweat and stank festering under that sweaty salt water humid atmosphere yuk. I am a huge Bey fan but during the summer I need to wear my natural hair so that I can rinse my hair often to keep it clean.

I am not a Lace front hater, I actuall have one so that I can have straight hair with out damaging my hair but MOST of the time I am in my own natural texture.

I'm not a celebrity but vacation time is not a good time to be seen with my natural hair.  I wore a weave while I was on vacation in Hawaii for 3 weeks and there was NO "sweat and stank festering under that sweaty salt water humid atmosphere".  When I swam I washed my hair afterwards and let it air dry.   The reason that my vacation was a good time to wear a weave is I don't want to spend hours dealing with my hair -- I had other things I preferred to be doing.  My natural hair is extremely thick and unruly; it wasn't uncommon to come out of the ocean with plans to go to dinner within a couple of hours.  That wouldn't allow me sufficient time to conquer my natural hair.  Additionally, for me anyway, vacation is the time that I am the subject of more photos than any other time.  I wanted to have a look that wouldn't make me shudder when I saw the pics later; without hours of work on my own hair, I wouldn't have that.
Mindstarter View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2007 at 8:34pm
celebs have hairdressers that will does their hair..doesnt it take time to sew a weave in?
Soulie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2007 at 8:51pm
Yes it takes a few hours to get a weave sewn in, but once it's done it's good for 6-8 weeks (assuming the quality of the hair is sufficient to last that long).  I got a weave 2 days before I went on vacation and didn't have to worry about struggling with my own for the whole vacation as well as for a month afterward.
Zupreme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2007 at 10:41pm
well, if you view your hair as a "struggle" a weave will always be the perfect excuse to not have to deal with it...but im sure its NOT a struggle. not anymore than the trouble of weave upkeep.
Nandi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2007 at 4:07pm
Interesting topic but I think we all have to be celebs to really know the real deal. I think that if the whole world was watching your every move you'd less likely wanna get caught looking rough-meaning not many AA women know how to style/treat their hair not to mention the time it takes. These people run on extremely tight schedules. Therefore, I don't blame them their style choices.

I've seen Tyra Banks, Beyonce and Oprah spot some more ethic styles like cornrows. We can't expect people to look like you'd like them to. But we are allowed to form our own opinions about them as we see/hear about  almost everything they do in public.

Edited by Nandi - Jun 22 2007 at 4:11pm
yassy View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2007 at 12:34am
My natural hair is not a struggle. pretty box braids can last a few weeks. Its seems that people still view natural hair as toe-up. Beyonce is beautiful and she will be even more beautiful with her own naturally beautiful hair blowing in the wind instead of someone else.
nappykisha View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2007 at 11:52am
Originally posted by Myriad Myriad wrote:

It's like a tired excuse. We'll be lucky if we see those so-called natural celebrities without wigs. Damn I even see Paris Hilton without her weaves once or twice LOL but come on like someone mentioned the type 3 naturals don't have a problem with wearing their hair out. 

What are they protecting their hair from? I honestly don't get it..... How many black celebrities with 4AB hair that wear wigs and weaves actually wear their real hair??? NONE. now I've seen cornrows but that's the inbetween style until their next weaveLOL

and comparing black women wearing weaves to white women is a bunch of bs. White women wear weaves for LENGTH and black women for TEXTURE. how many white women have we seen without their extensions??

pretty much all the ones that wear it. nicole ritchie, paris, britney spears, eva longeria...

For black women to wear their natural hair they have to be 3ABC or mixed.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic