Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - As a Black person, how would you respond to this?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

As a Black person, how would you respond to this?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
joileprincess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote joileprincess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2013 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by juicifruit89 juicifruit89 wrote:

I wish a yt person would give me a straight answer on WHY they want to say the "N" word. Surely it must be deeper than being able to say it "just because blacks do it". There has to be a deeper reason, like control or inclusion or something. Like, what would be the point?

Yt people just cannot stand being told that they can't do something. They feel that damn entitled and above reproach.
Sponsored Links

Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2013 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

I wish a yt person would give me a straight answer on WHY they want to say the "N" word. Surely it must be deeper than being able to say it "just because blacks do it". There has to be a deeper reason, like control or inclusion or something. Like, what would be the point?

[beckyvoice]
"b/c it's not fair. if black people can say it, why can't they? either everyone should say it or no one should say it" [\beckyvoice]

Ermm

This makes me sick, every group of ppl use a word anothet group can't. I know for a fact a lot of jews use derogatory terms with each other... Let an outsider say that ish, can someone say hate crime?

yeah. i remember in middle school when "queer" was a derogatory word...still is, but you don't' hear it as much bc reappropriation and stuff.

lol when you type "queer" into google, the search box becomes a rainbow.
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2013 at 9:24pm

[beckyvoice]
"b/c it's not fair. if black people can say it, why can't they? either everyone should say it or no one should say it" [\beckyvoice]

Ermm

This makes me sick, every group of ppl use a word anothet group can't. I know for a fact a lot of jews use derogatory terms with each other... Let an outsider say that ish, can someone say hate crime?

yeah. i remember in middle school when "queer" was a derogatory word...still is, but you don't' hear it as much bc reappropriation and stuff.

IT DOES!
Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2013 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

[beckyvoice]

Ermm

IT DOES!

I JUST tried it too! LOL
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2013 at 9:36pm
i wonder what happens when you type in the word n*gger Stern Smile

nothing...good LOL

Edited by Ladybird0724 - Jun 21 2013 at 9:36pm
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2013 at 9:37pm
^Guuurl!

Or any other slur. Hmmm.
lovelove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote lovelove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2013 at 9:39pm
White people can be so typical sometimes.LOL

"If black people say it, why can't we?"

I had this one white english professor that I enjoyed in college.The "N-word," topic came up during debate & she said " If I call my son a butt hole that doesn't mean I want YOU calling MY son a butt hole."A Mother calling her son a butthole is completely different from a random "outsider" calling her son a butthole.Those white people mouths were shut silent.

Edited by lovelove - Jun 21 2013 at 9:40pm
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2013 at 9:45pm

i wonder what happens when you type in the word n*gger Stern Smile

nothing...good LOL

was thinking the same thing.
loveandpeace1984 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveandpeace1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2013 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by greenttby greenttby wrote:

Written by a self proclaimed 'black woman in a white body.'

"First of all IF she did call the lady the N word and what I am about to say does not in anyway make it right but the fact is she was raised in the south she is an older white woman and that is how she was raised. Many OLDER WHITE FOLKS use the N word when referring to the black race. Does it make it right NO of course not ! But with that being said when black folks quit calling each other the N word maybe just maybe the whites will stop to. I am sorry but I like Paula Dean she is funny and can cook her ass off! She does not need the food network to back her she has already established herself and her nesting egg. She has restaurants all over the south and she has books out also. And I want to know why it is such a big deal when a white calls a black the N word but when a black does it it is okay? In play or anger. And I have used the N word a multiple of times but I am not racist some blacks I like some I don't, and just as the same for white and any other race."

Yall im trying not to go in on this big arse white b!tch...she is not my fbf...

Like a real nicca would say and call that white woman a crakkka and kiss my black azz. You abused the world and if some niccas want to call themselves a nicca so be it, but don't give you the right due to the fcukin history.
dijah.love View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dijah.love Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2013 at 2:22am

Quote "First of all IF she did call the lady the N word and what I am about to say does not in anyway make it right but the fact is she was raised in the south she is an older white woman and that is how she was raised. Many OLDER WHITE FOLKS use the N word when referring to the black race. Does it make it right NO of course not !

This was the reasoning Funky Dineva used to understand Paula Deen's positioning and I tried to understand it. Didn't accept it, but there's some unfortunate truth. Definitely has no place today but it was how they were raised.

With that being said, THIS

But with that being said when black folks quit calling each other the N word maybe just maybe the whites will stop to. I am sorry but I like Paula Dean she is funny and can cook her ass off! She does not need the food network to back her she has already established herself and her nesting egg. She has restaurants all over the south and she has books out also. And I want to know why it is such a big deal when a white calls a black the N word but when a black does it it is okay? In play or anger. And I have used the N word a multiple of times but I am not racist some blacks I like some I don't, and just as the same for white and any other race."

is unacceptable foolishness. The problem is not SIMPLY that she used the n-word which is vile in and of itself in TODAY'S day and age, but it was the bigotry and hatefulness behind it that she saw no issue with. Talking about hiring black men to dress like slaves, even in "jest" if that is even possible, is disgusting and her age is no excuse for it.

Additionally, it bugs me that people work on the assumption that the n-word can be used by whites because blacks use it. No, just no! In my personal opinion, no one should use it. But until it has been used to oppress you, it has no place in your vocabulary even more so. What would even be one's desire to use that language anyway?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic