Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Arsenio Hall Show cancelled after 1 season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Marcelo22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcelo22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Arsenio Hall Show cancelled after 1 season
    Posted: May 30 2014 at 6:58pm
Jay Leno’s touch couldn’t help pal Arsenio Hall make it beyond one season in his return to late-night. After weeks of speculation, CBS Television Distribution has made a decision not to proceed with a second season of the syndicated Arsenio Hall Show, despite renewing the show for Season 2 in February after securing a two-year deal with the Tribune stations pre-launch. Leno surprised Hall in February when he made his first TV appearance afterdeparting The Tonight Show to give him the news of the show’s renewal.
But, after a stellar launch (1.9 in households, 1.0 in adults 18-49), The Arsenio Hall Show quickly faded in the ratings and never bounced back, despite a boost from a highly-rated Price episode in March and appearances by Leno and Eddie Murphy. CBSTD tried righting the ship with an executive producer change in October when Eric Pankowski replaced Neal Kendall at the helm. In the end, nothing helped. The Arsenio Hall Show, which has wrapped production, has recently averaged a paltry 0.7 rating in households and a 0.3 in 18-49 and has been plagued by a slew of station downgrades. “While there are many loyal fans of the show, the series did not grow its audience enough to continue,” a CBSTD spokesperson said. “Arsenio is a tremendous talent and we’d like to thank him for all the hard work and energy he put into the show. We’d also like to thank Tribune and all our station group partners for their support of the show.”

This marked the comeback for Hall, who had one of the most successful late-night syndication stints with his previous show, which launched in 1989. “When I started this adventure with CTD and Tribune, we all knew it would be a challenge – I’m gratified for the year we’ve had and proud of the show we created. I’d like to thank everyone on my staff for rallying around me and striving to make the best show possible every night.”

Edited by Marcelo22 - May 30 2014 at 6:59pm
Sponsored Links

f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 7:01pm
Man look. I tried to get into that show but it was boring as eff. Man the real question is has anybody on here watch that show?
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 7:03pm
he tried so hard by having on hip hop artists on his show and just folks who seem to try to make his show watchable...

he ain't young anymore, his old audience is grown and moved on from the "FIST PUMPIN IN THE AIR gesture and dog sounds or whateva that sound was they were making....

he tried, but it wasn't his time to shine again...
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 7:04pm
I watched the PriNce show
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 7:08pm
sorry to hijack ur thread but is anyone gonna watch  the Maya Rudolph Variety show? forget when it starts....I might, i love those variety shows like Carol burnett, Sonny and Cher, then Cher had her own show, Donny and Marie show(don't judge meLOL)....yeah i am that old before someone asks me again...HOW OLD ARE YOU?LOLLOLLOL
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 7:09pm
I wonder does this have anything to do with that mess he was in about supporting gays.
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 7:09pm
I am disappointed I don't watch but I don't watch any of those shows... I would watch if it was an online show!
*M. Gurl * View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *M. Gurl * Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 7:39pm
I know that he would upload his shows on Youtube. Like others have said it was boring. The only good episode was when TGT performed.
Bonjour baby ooowee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour baby ooowee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 7:44pm
i finally caught on last month & started recording it like i do judge mathis & queen latifah show, i erased MOST of em after just the names didn't catch my attention, then i saw paul mooney on there & just found out he's battling cancer which is why he's walking on a cane and moving REALLY slow (May the Lord deliver him from itHeart)  ummm then it just stayed pretty normal like the rest of the talk shows to me, i didn't see any difference their ALL doin the same thingLOL

Edited by Bonjour baby ooowee - May 30 2014 at 8:04pm
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2014 at 7:47pm
he was a good interviewer, but i dont watch tv, i just caught some of the interviews on youtube
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic