Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

ARJU Scam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
shantel75 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shantel75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2013 at 9:39pm
Isn't she an attorney? I think I read an article that she was an attorney who started selling hair.
Sponsored Links

babycakebabe View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycakebabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2013 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by shantel75 shantel75 wrote:

Isn't she an attorney? I think I read an article that she was an attorney who started selling hair.

Yes. A Columbia U law degree, corporate lawyer. She was in Cambodia doing commercial real estate & acquisitions and decided to do a venture of her own while there.

Does anyone know anything about her husband?
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2013 at 6:05am
Originally posted by ms.blue ms.blue wrote:

Pretty much some feel she used this forum to start her busniess. Also the processed that people had to use to get the hair was ridiculous....appts only or only able to order on a certain day and time. The time where she decided to pack a lot hair on a short weft...major fail. Also the time where customers information was readily available online and the apology after that in which she pretty much blamed someone else....janice is too much.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. 

Janice actually started the company BEFORE she joined BHM.  She was advertising to English-speaking Cambodians to be a part of a company that supplies extensions to Beyonce.  She then hopped onto BHM claiming she was launching a small company and needed help and advice. 

She ripped off BHM for its knowledge and to get some capital via asking testers to pay for hair to see how the ordering process would work.  She welcomed suggestions and basically ignored them. 

I watched the whole thing unfold without typing a word because I KNEW she was scamming BHM from the start.  She did a Swtcandy and got away with it.

On top of that, you had capes like Missbossy who got free or heavily deep discounted hair from the company telling tall tails about how exclusive the hair was and how 3 finger spacing was easily achievable with the hair.  She swore she had no affiliation with the company, but she was one of the moderators of their forum. 

As for her husband, I am willing to bet she's married to a white man.  The way she carries herself, she'd be a white lady if she could.

GphiD08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GphiD08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2013 at 6:08am
Thanks Tokyo! I always wondered about the whole storry too. That's a shame
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2013 at 7:56am
Dammmmmmmmmmmmmmm....Tokyo so basically she used BHM as part of building her foundation(testers and information about hair) of her business.smh... With those dam ridiculous prices for processed hair.
keelolo1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keelolo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2013 at 8:17am
I knew it was a scam when they were making folks "make an appointment" to order $800 hair. Gtfohwtds.
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2013 at 11:10pm
Yeah.  The thing was--there were a few who called BS on her from the get-go, but they were sort of silenced because other members were singing the "give her a chance to succeed" song.  I thought she was going to scam folks the same way Swtcandy did (and Janice must have done her homework on Swtcandy), only she came right out and said she wanted to start selling hair and "innocently" asked if there was a market for it. 

When Janice started talking about how great Cambodian hair was, I really wanted to step in and say it was Chinese hair and would act exactly the way Chinese or Japanese hair acts, but she got people to sip the Kool-Aid.  I had been to Cambodia and I *knew* the prices of weave were not only sky-high, but the workers were not going to be the ones to receive much profit nor were the people she scalped. 

I remember the e-wars with her when she got all upset when I said the factory she had those women working in looked like a damn sweatshop and then she proceeded to justify herself by explaining how these women were working and receiving an education. 

I STILL think Janice is a disgusting human being and I wouldn't even buy her hair second-hand.
MsPrettySissy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsPrettySissy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 8:29am
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

Yeah.  The thing was--there were a few who called BS on her from the get-go, but they were sort of silenced because other members were singing the "give her a chance to succeed" song.  I thought she was going to scam folks the same way Swtcandy did (and Janice must have done her homework on Swtcandy), only she came right out and said she wanted to start selling hair and "innocently" asked if there was a market for it. 

When Janice started talking about how great Cambodian hair was, I really wanted to step in and say it was Chinese hair and would act exactly the way Chinese or Japanese hair acts, but she got people to sip the Kool-Aid.  I had been to Cambodia and I *knew* the prices of weave were not only sky-high, but the workers were not going to be the ones to receive much profit nor were the people she scalped. 

I remember the e-wars with her when she got all upset when I said the factory she had those women working in looked like a damn sweatshop and then she proceeded to justify herself by explaining how these women were working and receiving an education. 

I STILL think Janice is a disgusting human being and I wouldn't even buy her hair second-hand.

Wait a minute...so she sells directly from Cambodia??? I just don't understand why the hair is so expensive and why the process is absolutely ridiculous. Her hair must be the bomb because I don't know how a company comfortably makes their product so hair to get.
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 9:52am
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

The owner is selling mermaid hair and claiming its from Cambodia. She used to be a member here and BHM kicked started her company.

I just got a pm in my inbox from a company called Mermaid Hair that sells on AliExpress. Would that be Janice? Or the supplier that she gets it from? So this hair would be junk as well?

Do they scan BHM for potential victims or something? I was just asking extensive questions about weaves the other day on TTT...

Edit to add: There's a thread upstairs on them. It seems others have received the pm...

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Jun 05 2013 at 11:53am
CaramelKittyKat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaramelKittyKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2013 at 12:04pm
I just got the pm too? Is mermaid her company or her vendor?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic