BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Areyou black enough for black people?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 25>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 9 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 2:00am
so this thread is all about cornbread, potato and pumpkin pie now? lol
Sponsored Links

Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 2:02am
^ lol, Lady, those are the main things that'll get your black card revoked
mcelweewife View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote mcelweewife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 2:03am
Originally posted by princesshoneybee princesshoneybee wrote:

Has another black person ever revoked your blackness? I've sometimes had problems with other black people because of the way that I talk, they say I act talk like a white person. This puzzles me to no end because the "African American" accent is exclusive to American Blacks. If this is the case than people from African nations and black British would not be black !! I am  Caribbean and don't share the same culture as African Americans anyway .  How do you get along with black people who do this? Do you feel embarrassed?

Yep, plenty of times. Most times it's because my husband is white.
Recently it was because I said I was going to dress my son in yellow, mint green and aqua onesies.
I see nothing wrong with these colors for a boy.
ImThatDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ImThatDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 2:10am
Originally posted by mcelweewife mcelweewife wrote:

Originally posted by princesshoneybee princesshoneybee wrote:

Has another black person ever revoked your blackness? I've sometimes had problems with other black people because of the way that I talk, they say I act talk like a white person. This puzzles me to no end because the "African American" accent is exclusive to American Blacks. If this is the case than people from African nations and black British would not be black !! I am  Caribbean and don't share the same culture as African Americans anyway .  How do you get along with black people who do this? Do you feel embarrassed?

Yep, plenty of times. Most times it's because my husband is white.
Recently it was because I said I was going to dress my son in yellow, mint green and aqua onesies.
I see nothing wrong with these colors for a boy.
slash the yellow...When i see yell I think girl, never boy...the others are fine though...
**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 2:12am
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

Originally posted by **Sk!TtLeS B** **Sk!TtLeS B** wrote:

is there a difference between the 2?

One is made from sweet potato, the other, pumpkinStern Smile

Nah, but forreal, sweet potato pie is sweeter and I feel the sweet potato makes the cinnamon and nutmeg tastes stand out more than the pumpkin does. 

LOL Naw I was talking to Afro about the difference between an oreo and coconut

I know the difference between pumpkin pie and sweet potato. Sweet potato = black ppl with bad taste buds who like a lot of mushy foods. Pumpkin = decadent goodness. Lol, it's more dense than sweet potato.

LIES. Every pumpkin pie I've had, had the consistency of the lemon meringue pie from Marie Calenders (which is gross, btw. Never spend your money on that sh*t.) Sweet potato pies have to be scooped into the shell, then smoothed out before they're baked. You just have to pour pumpkin pie then throw it into the oven. Almost seems unnaturalStern Smile
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 2:13am

is there a difference between the 2?

eta: oreo vs coconut

I thought an oreo was a black person thought to be "white on the inside", while a coconut is another brown person (latino/non-white middle eastern/native american) who is "white on the inside." I've heard asians be referred to as bananas, too.
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 2:15am

^ lol, Lady, those are the main things that'll get your black card revoked
so i see. lol. well i still love both the pies...yall can keep cornbread. Dead

yeah all yall pumpkin pie haters.it is actually good..and lol imma let you finish but sarah lee has the best pumpkin pie everLOL

Edited by Lady ICE - Nov 13 2012 at 2:18am
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 2:44am
My "black card" got revoked freshmen year cuz I had never seen Player's Club...

I finally saw it...I wasn't missing out on ish.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 2:45am
My mama stays tryna revoke my black card because I havent seen New Jack City. 
She's been saying this for the last 4 years, and I have yet to see this movie uncensored and in it's entirety.
starflower7 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote starflower7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 2:50am
In high school my friend told me I wasn't black because I didn't know what a nook was. Apparently it's a pacifier. Wtf? I didn't/don't know anything about babies.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 25>
  Share Topic