Forum Home Forum Home > Children's Hair > Children's Health
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Are your children getting the flu shot?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Splendor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Splendor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Are your children getting the flu shot?
    Posted: Oct 28 2009 at 11:42am
Are you worried / concerned about H1N1? It seems ever since Obama made it an emergency I've become a little anxious.

My children fall in the age bracket of high risk.
There's also fear of a pandemic.

What are your thoughts?

H1N1 Flu Vaccine
The H1N1 flu vaccine is available now and is being sent to communities across the country. Groups at high risk of getting H1N1 flu should get the vaccine first. This includes:

• Pregnant women
  • Parents and caregivers of infants under 6 months old
  • People 6 months to 24 years old
  • Health care workers/emergency personnel
  • People ages 25 through 64 years with certain chronic health disorders or compromised immune systems
After the high risk groups, the CDC recommends H1N1 flu vaccinations for healthy adults between the ages of 25-64. As vaccine supply and demand for vaccine among younger age groups is being met, vaccination should be offered to people over the age of 65.

Seasonal Flu Vaccine
The seasonal flu vaccine is available now. Check with your doctor, or watch for notices in your community, at pharmacies and retail clinics, or from your employer about where you can get the seasonal flu vaccine.  We also list some locations under “Find a Flu Shot” on DocFind.

Pneumococcal Vaccine
The pneumonia vaccine is also available. Most people get this vaccine from their doctor, but you may be able to get the vaccine at other locations that administer the flu vaccines.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that the following people get the pneumonia vaccine:

• Children under the age of 5 years.
  • People ages 2 to 64 with high-risk conditions
  • Everyone 65 and older

Sponsored Links

prom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote prom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2011 at 1:56am
My daughter has had the flu shot every year. I had one in 2007 and my experience is close to disaster. I notice that the girls (3 and 14 y-o) who get their flu shots are more sick during the winter than we the parents are who don't get it. In fact, when I got my flu shot, I was never in my life so sick, I had broncitis, laryngitis (lost 2 weeks of work). I wonder sometimes when it comes to deciding to actually not give Sarah (3) the flu shot and see how she does, but the fear of her getting the flu is much worse, but I know one day I will just not go with it. It is hard to deal with a child who is sick every 3 weeks during winter.
dashi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dashi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2011 at 3:58pm
I know it's late for a reply but I wouldnt take that stuff or give it to my child (3years).
@prom, Does your little girl has other health  worries that you feel the need to get her vaccinated. Here in the UK that age grop is not high risk unless the child has other problems.
sasha299 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sasha299 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2011 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by dashi dashi wrote:

I know it's late for a reply but I wouldnt take that stuff or give it to my child (3years).
@prom, Does your little girl has other health  worries that you feel the need to get her vaccinated. Here in the UK that age grop is not high risk unless the child has other problems.

My DS gets it every year because he does have other health issues and he's been hit really bad with FLU and RSV every year  - He's only 3 years has been hospitalized multiple times as a result of RSV and FLU. .
dashi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dashi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2012 at 10:47am
@sasha, I understand your situation is different but if it was my child I would try and use immune boosters, these you are herbal medicines that you can buy from your local health store. I would use these and opt not to get him vaccinated, well atleast for a year and see how he cops.

The boy is only 3 years and if his immune system is not challenged (by flu and indeed any other diseases) it is never going to mature, it will always stay naive and he'll be highly dependant on vaccines and medication to fight off disease.

I can understand if the health issues are very serious and you have to do what you have to do. I hope your little boy gets healthier and less dependant on the yearly vaccine.

Edited by dashi - Jan 01 2012 at 10:47am
kimbledawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kimbledawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2012 at 5:24pm
Late reply- me, husband, nor children take flu shots. We take vitamins-especially vitamin D and C. D because of the lack of exposure to the sun( reason for flu outbreaks) and C to help the body absorb the D and for added benefits.
No sickness.
sasha299 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sasha299 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2012 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by dashi dashi wrote:

@sasha, I understand your situation is different but if it was my child I would try and use immune boosters, these you are herbal medicines that you can buy from your local health store. I would use these and opt not to get him vaccinated, well atleast for a year and see how he cops.

The boy is only 3 years and if his immune system is not challenged (by flu and indeed any other diseases) it is never going to mature, it will always stay naive and he'll be highly dependant on vaccines and medication to fight off disease.

I can understand if the health issues are very serious and you have to do what you have to do. I hope your little boy gets healthier and less dependant on the yearly vaccine.

I do understand where you are coming from and I was just like you - totally into the organic and naturapathic swearing up and down that DS would not get vaccinated. From he was 6 weeks we had been taking him to the naturapath who have helped immensely but those things are only a compliment not a replacement.  The 1st time he got sick and had to be intubated I really understood what my naturapath meant  by saying they are suppliments to Medicine but I cannot depend on those things alone to keep him healthy. 

bkgirl05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkgirl05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2012 at 7:56pm
Me and my son both had our flu shots. I got one because I was hospitalized with my asthma, and was worried about getting something worse. My son, who is 4 yrs old, has not been sick since getting the vaccine.
Ankithsri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ankithsri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 24 2012 at 2:49am
It is a viral illness and it can easily spread from one person to other by coughing are sneezing.

By using Google search I found that flu shot is now being formally recommended for all children 6 months to 18 years of age.

Getting the vaccine is very important for avoiding flu. 

littlebabybug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 1:46am
i'm not giving mine the flu shot. i don't trust it. i'm paranoid of all the shots, really, and if i could keep him from getting injected i would. i haven't had the flu shot in years, and i'm healthy. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic