Forum LockedAre you that girl...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 17>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
zolamorgan View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2006 at 6:02pm
i would say im the girl next door type (you  know pretty in a natural wayWink) i look after myself n always look neat n presentable but i dont fuss over my appearance on the daily i wear vests or tees and either a short skirt with leggings or jeans or three quarter pants and a jacket cause its getting cold and my shoes alternate from pumps, boots or my pink trainers in summer i wear dresses or long skirts and vests mostly with flip flops, i wear two rings on my fingers , one of them is a mood ring and i wear beaded necklaces my favourite being one with a pink crystal. i also wear earrings sometimes (but i keep losing them!!Ermm) i dont wear any makeup, just lip gloss i love the natural look  it takes me about 45 mins to get ready in the morning including shower  and i love to get my hair windsept rather than have every hair in place
for a special occassion i love wearing nice dresses and coats and high heels with make up its a pleasure to dress up but i would not do that on a regular
Sponsored Links

Phoenix1017 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2006 at 6:16pm
No. I go out looking any kind of way. (I don't care what people think)

Sorry I can't help. I admire people who look very well put together and beautiful every single day though.
binky622 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2006 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by Phoenix1017 Phoenix1017 wrote:

No. I go out looking any kind of way. (I don't care what people think)

Sorry I can't help. I admire people who look very well put together and beautiful every single day though.

i dont believe uTongue
Ms. BK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2006 at 6:54pm

great topic! I have always told myself to try to be that girl, but I can never do it. I don't wear make-up, (I have to remind myself to put on lipgloss sometimes) I never touch my eyebrows, and wearing clothes that fit make me uncomfortable. LOL I have always wondered how those girls who wear stilletos all day DO IT. I can't, but I wish I could. My job has me traveling too much to even try!

Entice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2006 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by Vally Gyrl Vally Gyrl wrote:

Originally posted by Klett777 Klett777 wrote:

Do any of u ladies wear high/stileto? heels on the regular? I cant!!! They make my feet hurt!! How do you girls do it?? I want to wear them, but i cant take that pain!!

me niether. I wear heels to work, the club, and special occasions. I dont typically wear them to run errands or chill. I just dont want to be one of those chicks whose walk is awkward cuz they got on uncomfortable shoes. That looks tacky, like they are trying too hard to be cute.  I do like kitten heels though. And when i do buy heels, i  try to make sure that my body weight is evenly distributed, not too much weight in the heel or ball of my feet.

Any tips from daily high heel wearers???

Valley I'm a shortie (5'5) so I love my heels, but everyday?!  I'd die... I rock them on the weekends when it's time to sip on that Patron LOL 

Edited by Mimi84 - Nov 13 2006 at 7:48pm
big apple love View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2006 at 8:15pm

Edited by kchavez - Feb 02 2007 at 6:29pm
Yungone13 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2006 at 10:31pm
putting the tips off again,had a ruff day,lol,but i may post before 2moro comesEmbarrassed

Edited by Yungone13 - Nov 13 2006 at 10:34pm
Yungone13 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2006 at 10:38pm

Part 1(This needs to be edited really badly,i will do a series and i will eventually revise this set,lol,but here goes)

Tips on looking flawless everyday(From the girl,that friends call barbie,lol)

*Keep Nails Done in virtual nails or crystal tips,hell even natural shaped nails polished in clear or nude polish

*Improvise so you never have a bad hair day,even your up do should have not 1 hair out of place,slick ya edges down nicely and shine your hair up and put it in a ponytail

*Dress polished,always look well put togehter(Always match,you don't have to get too matchy(red outfit,red shoes,red necklace,lol,but try red and black,instead of red and purple,lol),Even if you're in sweats,you should try to look kinda glam,Velour or any other cute Sweat suit with Baby doll flats and bangles w/hoops,if you're a sneakers and jeans girl,make sure your top matches with your sneakers and your belt,Take time to press your clothes,make sure they are never dirty

*Makeup that matches w/your clothes is nice,it is still best to use bright colors w/neutral clothes and vice versa,if you want your makeup to pop,You should look elegant for dinners(red or plum lips does wonders,so does the smoky eyes),Natural for the super market and just out and about(Nude gloss,Lip Liner,Brown eye liner,a little natural oil on the lids(Black women have a natural eyeshadow,Vaseline does wonders to bring it out),concealer,powder,mascara) and bright(Try not to have bright lips and bright eyes at the same time though,if possible it is okay to match pink eyeshadow w/hot pink gloss though and purple eye with purple lipgloss(sheer though))when ever you wanna have fun and just go out,Set your makeup(Model in a bottle setting spray,BABY!!,lol)

*Wear purses that match your shoes(It's nice to have a different shoe for each outfit she owns! Lol but sometimes thats not pratical,Just keep it matching)

*Being that girl requires time and money, where yoiu don't have time--spend the money, when you don't have the money, spend the extra time.

- by getting up early, you can take time to do your makeup, but spend money to buy quality makeup that goes on smoothly and but everything e.g.: the powder to set it, the brush to apply it.

-at night take the time to set your hair or wrap it but spend the money to go get a wash and set and buy the right quality products.

-keep your cuticles oiled at night but spend the money if you see your polish chipping to get it redone or take the time to put of a

fresh top coat every other night

-spend money take your clothes to the dry cleaners, take the time to care for them so they last--garment bags for your suits and best coats.

-take time to choose your outfit the night before but spend money on ignored essentials: stockings, socks, undergarments

-take time to excercise but spend money on quality food.

*Benefits-you are admired(if you are not robot like with it in the street,lol),you never know who you might see,so always be ready!(Girls tend to run into their exes when they look like crap,lol),Its really a treat,you will feel so good about yourself,you will be noticed!!

* If you do all you can the night before, then just add an extra 30 minutes to your regular routine in the morning. But regular maintenance is key (keeping wardrobe clean and taken care of, keeping hair/nails/skin healthy, etc.)...

*Always make sure to pay attention to the SMALL details too, in addition to the big things like the right outfit, hair, make-up.

*Always wear *something* that SHINES... Whether it's lipgloss, earrings/jewelry, glossy nail polish, a sparkly toe ring.... Anything shiny sends the message that it's new or well-maintained.

*Look at your outfit... Is it too small? too big? Does it tug anywhere when you move in it (if so, you will be self-conscious and look/feel uncomfortable)? You do not have to be a size 4, or dress in all the latest trends to look good in clothes. It's all in how good *YOUR STYLE* fits on YOUR BODY, that make you look "put together". Don't wear pants that reveal a deep pantyline (wear better fitting pants, a thong, or better fitting underwear). Don't wear things with a too tight waist, then top it off with a fitted shirt - because you will put all your bulges on front-street! Make sure pants fit long enough, covering the heel of your foot (unless, of course, they are capris)

*BRASTRAPS!!! Do everything in your power to hide them! INCLUDING safety pinning them to the shoulder part of the top you're wearing. Always wear a strapless bra with spaghetti strap tops, even if you are dressed casually (If they slide done on you try a silicone bra(nubra.com or pretty bra straps(only works for tube tops-Brastraps.com).

*Look at your shoes/boots... Is the leather rubbed off anywhere? salt marks? scuffs? Do they SHINE?!... Is your heel or toes sticking too far out from the front or back of the sandal? (if so, time for some better fittin sandals)... And don't forget to scrape off that giant CLEARANCE/PRICE tag!

*look at your clothes... Sure they're clean, but make sure there are no "fuzzies", loose or missing buttons/snaps/closures, threads hanging, open seams,do you need a lift. If you close a low-cut top with a saftety pin, make sure the pin is not visible... But NEVER substitute a missing closure with a safety pin! (Only in emergencies),Press your clothes

*Look at your skin... A flawless look cannot be pulled off with skin that has been neglected. And the better your skin is, the less time you will spend on makeup to begin with, because you can skip the heavy foundation and concealer and reach for tinted moisturizer and a powder foundation.

* If you spend on nothing else, make sure to buy good make-up. Cheap make-up will make you look... well... CHEAP! It's okay to spend less on a couple things (lipstick, gloss, mascara), but things like foundation, eyeshadow, powder, and blush should cost a little more. Cheap make-up tends to finish cakey and dry.

*Get a good body oil or body butter (like shea) to make your skin SHINE when you are showing skin. Rub EXTRA on those elbows and knees.

*Look at your nails... Sure they are clean and groomed and polished (w/no chips), but make sure they SHINE! Invest in the BEST clear glossy topcoat you can find. NARS makes a good one. And you really DON'T need weekly manicures/pedicures or acrylics to look put together - you can polish your OWN nails... It's really all about how groomed and SHINY they are.

*If you are going without hose, it goes without saying that legs should be hairless... And always make those legs SHINE! (not just "lotioned") And when oiling up, don't forget those heels and the sides of your feet (Tip: mix lotion with pure shea butter or baby oil gel cause lotion alone just don't cut it for us Black folk - At least from my OWN experience :ohwell: ) ... You don't want to be all dolled-up with dusty "biscuit heels" !

*Don't forget to top it all off with your favorite fragrance! It's that extra something people remember when they see a "put together" lady

*Even if you are stretching your relaxer or don't have a relaxer,find something that tames your hair a bit(Carols' daughter healthy hair butter is really nice),unless you are rocking in afro,Go the extra mile with your hair,Get some hair accesories

*Accessorize evenyour most boring outfits can look different everytime

*You don't have to glam up to go the store but c'mon,put a nice scarf(THAT MATCHES YOUR CLOTHING) on or Bun it up,if you have short hair slick that hair back w/some gel(Its about the brushing,it can be a soft hold gel,It doesn't have to be Ampro)

*Heels are great but if you can't do it,Just keep your sneakers clean and try flat shoes and kitten heels

*When you party ,it would be nice to go all out,when your friends are in jeans and timbs,be the one to rock stilettos

*Conduct yourself tastfully and confidently,be classy

*Make Sundays a priority to be about you, to take care of the little things. Give yourself a facial, manicure,a wax or shave and pedicure or go out to get one,if you have the dough and want to be pampered.Take care of the "little things" in front of the tv,if you want.

*Know when to kick back a little(Don't wear churchy clothes to work out and don't wear a full face of makeup to the gym, "that girl" is someone who's look you admire. Dressing like you are going to church everyday is boring and not always appropriate IMO. ) and when to tighten up your game(when it's time to go somewhere special BRING IT!!),

*If you need some makeup help,schedule an appointment with a makeup artist so that they can put together a few looks for you.Ask for a a casual makeup look for day that is not so natural, a natural everyday look, and maybe 2 or 3 evening looks.Bring a note pad to take notes,Jot em down in this thread also,lol

*Learn to preserve everything of yours

*At least every 6mths,get a pro facial and a body treatment to make that skin glow(Monthly is nice if you got it like that,Next time I will post Tips on an at home Professional like facial and a few body treatments.....A butt treatment(lol),A glow body treatment) I will start getting facials monthly and body treatments so that my skin will glow. As far as accessories and putting outfits together, I need tips.

*Its good to look nice even walking around the house(yes i know,some body is going to stone me,lol),Your nightime scarf or bonnet,lipbalm and a robe or Nice pjs will suffice,Have matching slippers too,lol(There are times where you get unexpected vistors be prepared)

*Ask me for Any kind of things you would like to see about this that girl thing.....

*Go to the tailor to make sure your clothes fit you perfectly with the hemlines at the exact right place, no too long sleeves etc. If you need to replace a whole lining of a coat,do it.

*Keep your brows arched or at least clean em up yourself with a tweezer,Fill thin eyebrows in w/a powder(brown eyeshadow works better than a pencil,if you have a pencil,try to blend the line your make w/your finger or a qtip)and set w/brow gel(Haar gel and lipbalm work,brown eyeshadow is a nice brow powder)

*If you have uneven lips,fill them in w/a lip pencil before glossing em

*This may be hard at first but it will become effortless and a part of you with time,Dress like you want to make a great impression- every day. You'll soon get into the habit of it and it will be like second nature ;)

*Maybe its just me,but I don't care WHERE I am going. You always need to have yourself together because you are presenting yourself to the public every time you step out of your house!

* pay attention to details and small things, like chipped nail polish or an extra stand of hair on my brow.

Edited by Yungone13 - Nov 13 2006 at 10:52pm
Ms. BK View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2006 at 10:58pm
ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap
Excellent tips! I will be printing this out and *trying* to live by it as hard as I can.
Yungone13 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2006 at 11:00pm
lol bk girl,you will want to reprint it when you c it updated,it isn't anywhere near what i wanted it to be yet,lol
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 17>
  Share Topic