Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Are you successfully protecting your leave-out?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Are you successfully protecting your leave-out?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Daymarme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daymarme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Are you successfully protecting your leave-out?
    Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 12:26pm
As a natural, I would love to hear more from the naturals, but anyone for that matter. Smile Anyways,  I just want to open up discussion about whether or not you all are successfully keeping your leave outs and edges healthy (free from heat damage, breakage, patches, etc).  And if so lets talk about your tips, favorite products, recommended techniques, etc. I think this is a great refresher topic for all of us weave lovers. 

As for me, although I have never worn a U-part, I think u part wigs (that I can take on and off daily) will be a great way of protecting my edges. Not sure how I'm gonna protect my leave out from heat damage though because I HATEEEEE closures, LOL. They're just not my thing. That's the hard part about being natural, smh.
Sponsored Links

ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms.blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 12:45pm
As for length yes but for heat damage..no, I havent.
510QUEEN View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 510QUEEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 1:11pm
well im back to go to ks cause i plan on not using any heat just up in a bun
BrownQtee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownQtee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 1:26pm

The texture of hair used is a big part of the upkeep. I love my coarse yaki wig, because I literally don't have to apply any heat on my edges. Roller set and go.

I have been on my u-part wig kick for about 3 months now, and I LOVE it. Can't see myself getting another sew in. I deep condition my hair weekly with unfiltered coconut oil, and apply black castor oil to my edges before I shampoo.
pepsi25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pepsi25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 2:27pm
Welp I went natural Oct 2012 and lived under sewin after sewin-I did the "Big Chop" in April (literally had 1-2inches of hair just enough to catch and braid so Their was no way I was going to wear my hair out (i've always had lonnggg hair)
This last August I noticed my Edges were looking suspect. It was due to all of the pressure on my perimeter braid! ( I was good at switching my parts to avoid breakage on my leave out)
It was my last sew-in! I have since been making my own u-part/L-part wigs and this method is the TRUTH! I can wash my hair when I want, Greese my scalp when I want! NO pressure on my edges(which look fabulous honey!) My prefered method is the wig clips so I take the wig off everynight and put on my scarf and my hair is doing numbers...I think By the summer time I'll be bra stap length if not further Its been 8mths since the big chop I am already Shoulder length!! 
My leave out is fine! I don't put heat on it everyday and I think swithcing the part works as well as heat protectors but just being able to condition the hair 1-2times a week is a winner...... 
SN2BPHD View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN2BPHD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 2:43pm
No leave out yet. I plan to this summer with a kinky curly install.
spencer4hire View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote spencer4hire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 3:26pm
the single most important step I took was only using textures that match my natural hair.     I don't really have to use much heat at all.   My leave out has grown tremendously.  

KS is my best friendSmile
kandyse1988 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kandyse1988 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 3:36pm
Well I did used to do u parts however due to months of heat to make it blend my hair started to alter .. Of course I used heat protectants, and I started using keracare wax stick to keep my hair from frizzing up due to humid months. But after the damage I just started using closure to give my hair a serious break. If I was to do it all over I would use weaves more close to my texture like curly hair, and kinky straight which matches my texture when its stretched.
Daymarme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daymarme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by BrownQtee BrownQtee wrote:

The texture of hair used is a big part of the upkeep. I love my coarse yaki wig, because I literally don't have to apply any heat on my edges. Roller set and go.

I have been on my u-part wig kick for about 3 months now, and I LOVE it. Can't see myself getting another sew in. I deep condition my hair weekly with unfiltered coconut oil, and apply black castor oil to my edges before I shampoo.

Can you please PM me where you get your coarse yaki hair from please. Thanks
Daymarme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daymarme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2013 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by spencer4hire spencer4hire wrote:

the single most important step I took was only using textures that match my natural hair.     I don't really have to use much heat at all.   My leave out has grown tremendously.  

KS is my best friendSmile

Can you PM me your Kinky straight vendor as well please. Thanks
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures