Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Are You Friends With Yourself?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 13 Votes, Average 3.77  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2013 at 7:23pm
nvm. misread the ?.

Edited by ms_wonderland - Nov 02 2013 at 7:37pm
Sponsored Links

noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2013 at 7:27pm
one piece of advice i always give my niece, her friends and the youngins i work with when i'm volunteering is that, the more we judge others, the more we judge ourselves. this is FACT!

Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2013 at 7:36pm
I must admitt, it's a no.
I'd think she was trying to kill me. She over feeds me to the point of over stuffed sleep, feeds me junk then forces me to do what I hate; workout for hours and then she does it all over again.

I like your question because it makes you look into yourself and for me, This is so sad but it has caused me to think about taking better care of me.
5Stars!!!

Edited by Katrenia - Nov 02 2013 at 7:40pm
slykitten View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slykitten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2013 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

one piece of advice i always give my niece, her friends and the youngins i work with when i'm volunteering is that, the more we judge others, the more we judge ourselves. this is FACT!

Exactly!  It's similar to something that I read that goes like this, " What Sally says about Kathy, says more about Sally than it says about Kathy."  Like if you are saying something bad about someone, what does that say about you?
slykitten View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote slykitten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2013 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by Katrenia Katrenia wrote:

I must admitt, it's a no.
I'd think she was trying to kill me. She over feeds me to the point of over stuffed sleep, feeds me junk then forces me to do what I hate; workout for hours and then she does it all over again.

I like your question because it makes you look into yourself and for me, This is so sad but it has caused me to think about taking better care of me.
5Stars!!!

Glad the question turned out to be a positive thing for you :)
HowardAlumAKA View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote HowardAlumAKA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2013 at 7:49pm
I'm my best friend. I strongly believe that I have to love myself FIRST and I do. I enjoy my life and myself.
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2013 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by HeyBeautiful18 HeyBeautiful18 wrote:

How can you be a better friend to yourself?

allow others to be great, to be weird, goofy, make mistakes, trip and fall over their shoelaces etc. and by default you're giving yourself space to accept your own greatness and/or dorkiness. LOL its a strange ricochet thing. but trust me, it works. 

p.s this is not to say you lie down and become a doormat. judge people by their actions and not by your perception of them. judgment is a built in safety net. its necessary but highly overused.  

Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2013 at 8:14pm
no, not at all. i'm a real bitch to myself.

i'm extremely critical of myself, and very self conscious of everything i do. i'm very full of fear and anxiety. it's hard for me to make and maintain connections and i find myself purposely pushing ppl away by cancelling plans.

i need to change how i talk to myself, and about myself to others.

i like that post.
slykitten View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slykitten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2013 at 5:12am
Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

no, not at all. i'm a real bitch to myself.

i'm extremely critical of myself, and very self conscious of everything i do. i'm very full of fear and anxiety. it's hard for me to make and maintain connections and i find myself purposely pushing ppl away by cancelling plans.

i need to change how i talk to myself, and about myself to others.

i like that post.

Glad you liked!
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2013 at 11:09am
Edited

Edited by Derri - Nov 03 2013 at 11:10am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon