BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Are You Friends With Yourself?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 13 Votes, Average 3.77  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
slykitten View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slykitten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2013 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by femmefatale85 femmefatale85 wrote:

i try to work on it...i ruminate a lot and i probably shouldn't dwell on circumstances from years ago, but i can be very hard on myself

i need distractions and i use friends and exercise normally

You sound like me with the rumination.  Then I realized how much I was missing out on by doing it on the time.  It's a hard thing to change.
Sponsored Links

slykitten View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slykitten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2013 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

i'm my own worst enemy. I tear myself down, worry way too much about things i can't change, strive for perfection, beat myself up when I don't attain it. 

reading your blog now

eta: then there are rare days I'm my own best friend cuz I think I'm fly and at the end of the day i'm all I have. LOL

Thanks for reading!
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2013 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by slykitten slykitten wrote:

i'm my own worst enemy. I tear myself down, worry way too much about things i can't change, strive for perfection, beat myself up when I don't attain it. 

reading your blog now

eta: then there are rare days I'm my own best friend cuz I think I'm fly and at the end of the day i'm all I have. LOL

this sums it up...my treatment of myself is kind of bipolar, i always thought that was normal lol

Do you guys try to work on it, or do you just accept that this is who you are?

I see a someone who makes me work on it, and I love self help stuff; but deep down, at 26, i feel like I'm ME. and that's not changing. So either you like or dislike me, and I either like or dislike myself. I chose to like myself more to compensate for the people who never stop to understand WHY i am the way i am, and therefore dislike me. 
slykitten View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slykitten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2013 at 4:08pm

reading your blog now

this sums it up...my treatment of myself is kind of bipolar, i always thought that was normal lol

Do you guys try to work on it, or do you just accept that this is who you are?

I see a someone who makes me work on it, and I love self help stuff; but deep down, at 26, i feel like I'm ME. and that's not changing. So either you like or dislike me, and I either like or dislike myself. I chose to like myself more to compensate for the people who never stop to understand WHY i am the way i am, and therefore dislike me. 

Hmm, that's an interesting perspective.  I feel that while you can't change the core of who you are past a certain age, you can change a lot of yourself at any age.  But why not choose to like yourself just because you are you?  Why put other people in the mix?  If you like self-help books, have you read "It's none of my business what you think of me?".  Read it a while back and thought it was worth it.
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2013 at 4:10pm

If someone where to ask you that, could you seriously say yes?  As in, if someone treated you the way you treat yourself, would you keep them in your life?

I also wrote a blog post about it if you are interested thisisalloftheabove.blogspot.com

I could honestly say, yes to this question.  What about you?
Yes, of course. I have always said... the most important relationship you will ever have ... is the relationship that you have with yourself.

It's easy.

Edited by Printer_Ink - Nov 02 2013 at 4:15pm
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2013 at 4:13pm

reading your blog now

Basically, this right hurr.

I swear I judge/criticize myself way more than I probably should.
HeyBeautiful18 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HeyBeautiful18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2013 at 4:19pm
How can you be a better friend to yourself?
Gia2009 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Gia2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2013 at 4:41pm
Yes. I love myself. I am honest, nice and the most genuine person I know. I would love to have a friend like me.
slykitten View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slykitten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2013 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by HeyBeautiful18 HeyBeautiful18 wrote:

How can you be a better friend to yourself?

I would say some of the ways you would be a better friend to anyone else.  Listen to yourself, be your own cheerleader, give yourself what you need.  But you also have to really take a look at yourself and recognize what you don't like and work on that.
slykitten View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slykitten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2013 at 4:43pm
Two-star thread?  For real?? SMH
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>