BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

are you for or against gay marriage?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 1.80  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
iliveforbhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 2:06pm
Whoever liking my posts, you have all my love.
Sponsored Links

f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by missunfoolish missunfoolish wrote:

Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

Neutral. 
But OP, what kind of assignment do you have? What is the exact objective of it?

writing an argumentative paper on my standpoint, but also understanding the opposite view and discuss it without rudely knocking someone's opinion but instead support it through facts, reasoning, etc.

im trying really hard to understand the against view.. lol
Okay good, all that is stated here is just opinions. You already half done, you know where you stand. But you haven't really crossed the other side to see where they stand. More research must be done, if it hasn't been done already. You stated only Christians have issues with same-sex marriage. This is false. Once you complete your research and find out who doesn't support same-sex marriage. Look into information about why. Do these people believe that there is a cause an effect from gay marriage. You can make a list out of Pro's and Cons of Gay marriage. Try to be on the other side and look up countless arguments against gay marriage. I hope this helps. Good luck on your essay. Thumbs Up
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by Mz. Mocha Mz. Mocha wrote:

Its a person's belief. I dont think someone's personal belief is stupid. That statement doesnt make sense to me. I'm not marching in the streets to stop gay marriage but its just not something I belief in.

Originally posted by OhMyCurlz OhMyCurlz wrote:

I don't understand how someone could be against it. 

Why? Cause of the Bible? We don't live in a theocracy. It's flat out offensive when people quote the bible as the reason why they are against two human beings having the same rights as another set of human beings. 

I feel like people use the Bible as a weapon to justify their own stupidity and bigotry. 
Your religious beliefs aren't stupid at all. They are your personal beliefs...you don't have to believe in gay marriage if you dont want to. That's fine. However, if you ever vote against gay marriage then you are imposing your beliefs on other people....and that part is stupid. By saying one group should be able to get married and another should not due to them being of the same gender is heterosexist. 

Edited by OhMyCurlz - Mar 25 2014 at 3:33pm
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by SeeminglySweet SeeminglySweet wrote:

I am also surprised that as black women, with so many odds already stacked against you (single parent households, absentee fathers, exorbitant amount of black men in jail) that many of you are for it.
 I'd rather black men feel comfortable with themselves so as not to repress their sexuality due to religious and societal pressure. I'd rather a gay man be gay and with his gay partner than a gay man be gay....posing as straight, sleeping with men and women (without either party knowing), being confused due to repressed feelings of who they are, the woman finding out thus causing a broken family unit, and the man AND woman going into a state of depression. 

Not to imply that every down low man is passing on STDs but uhhhh....that's certainly how they can get spread. Especially since AIDS is prevalent in the gay and black community. That doubles the risk for black women who are with down low black men. 

So why should we NOT support gay marriage and equal rights for gays again?

Cause of the Bible? How 'bout no. 

Edited by OhMyCurlz - Mar 25 2014 at 4:08pm
missunfoolish View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missunfoolish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 4:05pm

Originally posted by missunfoolish missunfoolish wrote:

Neutral. 
But OP, what kind of assignment do you have? What is the exact objective of it?

writing an argumentative paper on my standpoint, but also understanding the opposite view and discuss it without rudely knocking someone's opinion but instead support it through facts, reasoning, etc.

im trying really hard to understand the against view.. lol
Okay good, all that is stated here is just opinions. You already half done, you know where you stand. But you haven't really crossed the other side to see where they stand. More research must be done, if it hasn't been done already. You stated only Christians have issues with same-sex marriage. This is false. Once you complete your research and find out who doesn't support same-sex marriage. Look into information about why. Do these people believe that there is a cause an effect from gay marriage. You can make a list out of Pro's and Cons of Gay marriage. Try to be on the other side and look up countless arguments against gay marriage. I hope this helps. Good luck on your essay. Thumbs Up

did i say only christians? hmm lol too lazy to look but mostly christians but yeah i need more info.
thanks for pointing me in the right direction :)
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 4:15pm
I am so sick of this...
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 5:31pm
polygamy should be cool

Edited by Wildfire - Mar 25 2014 at 5:51pm
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 5:48pm
How its gay marriage worse for black women? You want residual gay dck?
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

How its gay marriage worse for black women? You want residual gay dck?

Girl.
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2014 at 8:04pm
i know 3 gay couples who are married. i aint got no problem whatsoever with it. 5 years ago, i would have had a different response. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>