Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Are you comfortable without makeup?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 272829

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 3.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Becky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 11:58am

She's a pretty girl and her makup is expertly applied .. but that is not issue.

There's simply too much of it. This is 'stage' makeup .. not daily makeup to be worn in broad daylight when you go to work or school. DUH! Who can function in daily life that dolled up? Who would take her seriously if she is trying to make something of herself?

- Her brows were nice in their natural state. All she had to do was clean them up a bit ... like remove the stray hairs on the end and apply a PINCH of brow pencil to fill it in a bit. Instead ... she dreeeew onnnnn a whole new set of brows. UGH!

- She didn't even need the foundation - her skin was already perfect. I would say a good moisterizer with an 30 SPF protector and then a DUSTING of MAC face powder - just to 'set' the look would have been perfect.

- False eyelashes (alway shiny from above) and .. again, over the top for a daytime look and certainly innapropriate for a girl so young. She already has nice lashes so a coat or two of mascara would be more than enough.

- Now the blush was good .. but the pink lipstick ... wrong color

Perfect example of a pretty girl that does not know that she is already pretty - so she is 'gliding the rose'.

Sorry, she has the propensity to look like a natural beauty with just a little 'polish' but instead .. she just looks 'painted' like all the rest of those girls so desparate for attention.

Edited by Becky - Jan 06 2013 at 12:01pm
Sponsored Links

Soratachi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soratachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by Becky Becky wrote:

There's simply too much of it. This is 'stage' makeup .. not daily makeup to be worn in broad daylight when you go to work or school. DUH! Who can function in daily life that dolled up? Who would take her seriously if she is trying to make something of herself?

- Her brows were nice in their natural state. All she had to do was clean them up a bit ... like remove the stray hairs on the end and apply a PINCH of brow pencil to fill it in a bit. Instead ... she dreeeew onnnnn a whole new set of brows. UGH!

- She didn't even need the foundation - her skin was already perfect. I would say a good moisterizer with an 30 SPF protector and then a DUSTING of MAC face powder - just to 'set' the look would have been perfect.

- False eyelashes (alway shiny from above) and .. again, over the top for a daytime look and certainly innapropriate for a girl so young. She already has nice lashes so a coat or two of mascara would be more than enough.

Perfect example of a pretty girl that does not know that she is already pretty - so she is 'gliding the rose'.

Sorry, she has the propensity to look like a natural beauty with just a little 'polish' but instead .. she just looks 'painted' like all the rest of those girls so desparate for attention.

Nonsense, she looks good.

Edited by Soratachi - Jan 06 2013 at 12:41pm
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by Soratachi Soratachi wrote:

Originally posted by Becky Becky wrote:

<span lang="">

</span>

Nonsense, she looks good.

Yes she does.
Sleek View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 2:13pm
yes
bebe88 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebe88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 9:42am
That girl is pretty but that was a little much...4 blushes...2 bronzers...and 2 foundations.... The outcome was nice though....and that pink lipstick is nice on her.
Qualified View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Qualified Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 10:02am
I love make up like no other. But there are days I go out completely bare faced, and thats not for any reason other than being too lazy. I beat my face adequately on a normal, but I aint gonna die if Im out without it. I refuse to stand in the mirror for an hour with 3 foundations and 3 concealers- 46 1/2 eye shadows, blushes, primers, liners, and bronzers- (INSERT SWEET BROWN FAMOUS PHRASE HERE)-"AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FO DAT!" Im just not about that life. I have my full face routine down to around 20 mins for a full exaggerated face and Im comfortable with that. When I go all out, I may slap on a red lip or a smokey eye, but thats where my buck stops. I just dont see the point in all the extras.

Case in point:

I was just at Bally's this am, and the number of women in there with fully beat faces- full strip bat wing lashes, winged mascara, lip gloss on pop, foundation, contour, weave perfectly tossled- NO Perspriation whatsoever, just slow gliding on ellipticals and treadmills, wasting time... My gf and I were like, are these heffas here to workout or snag a boaz???
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 10:04am
Originally posted by Qualified Qualified wrote:

I love make up like no other. But there are days I go out completely bare faced, and thats not for any reason other than being too lazy. I beat my face adequately on a normal, but I aint gonna die if Im out without it. I refuse to stand in the mirror for an hour with 3 foundations and 3 concealers- 46 1/2 eye shadows, blushes, primers, liners, and bronzers- (INSERT SWEET BROWN FAMOUS PHRASE HERE)-"AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FO DAT!" Im just not about that life. I have my full face routine down to around 20 mins for a full exaggerated face and Im comfortable with that. When I go all out, I may slap on a red lip or a smokey eye, but thats where my buck stops. I just dont see the point in all the extras.

Case in point:

I was just at Bally's this am, and the number of women in there with fully beat faces- full strip bat wing lashes, winged mascara, lip gloss on pop, foundation, contour, weave perfectly tossled- NO Perspriation whatsoever, just slow gliding on ellipticals and treadmills, wasting time... My gf and I were like, are these heffas here to workout or snag a boaz???

snag a man
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 10:11am

Case in point:

Lmao.  During the week when I work out I have on foundation, brows and mascara only because I work out right after work.  I never see anyone else at my gym wearing makeup.  Not even a hint of gloss.
Soratachi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soratachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 6:45am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

Case in point:

snag a man

Indeed. Cry
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 272829
  Share Topic