Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Are you a yes (wo)MAN?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mangachan View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mangachan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Are you a yes (wo)MAN?
    Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 12:13pm
I anyone here a yes woman?  How does one get over this?  How has it affected your life/career?  If you are a "yes man"how to you get around saying NO to people how have...how should I say...strong personalities?

*edited cause I can't spell*

Edited by mangachan - Jan 24 2014 at 12:13pm
Sponsored Links

iliveforbhm View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 12:18pm
Use to than I learn to punch people and cripple them. Now they are yes (wo)man Muwhahababab
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 12:20pm
!! nope. 

i would say learning and accepting that it's ok to have an opinion/boundaries/communicate assertively is key. from there, practice at doing so. 

start with saying no to the small things and work your way up. 
danieb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote danieb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 12:24pm
I have no problems telling ANYBODY hells to the no

.....Except maybe my nephew. Only cause he has dimples and the puppy dog eyes, but he's growing out of them so I'll be immune shortly
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 12:28pm
Nope, if you perfect your side eye like I have people won't even ask you simple shyt. I will laugh and say " YOU TRIED IT" and act like they never said anything and start rambling about lipstick or body sugar.

No seriously if it is really bothering you just have to stop being so easy going. 

When someone asks you to do something you don;t want to do, ask them is there any reason why can't do that YOURSELF and be firm. Even if they give a reason you say well its hard being an adult but we all have to manage things, good luck with that and walk your tail away.

They will learn.

Edited by Princess Grace - Jan 24 2014 at 12:31pm
Bonjour baby ooowee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour baby ooowee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 1:16pm
I have a MILLION ways to say "NO" I love it!
I practice different tones/ pitches in my voice / how many different ways to say "NO"    it's actually one of my specialtys

sidenote: I'm the Master @ not sayin a word & leavin you standin right there lookin dumb (OR) leavin you with that dumbazz question unanswered while im gone about my happy life and bests believe they get the message

Edited by Bonjour baby ooowee - Jan 24 2014 at 1:21pm
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 1:36pm
Me and no are best friends. I have no problem saying no to anyone including my kids. People will run you raggedy if you allow them.
creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 1:40pm
I used to. But then I started noticing that no one, not even my mom, always says yes to me. Why break my back for everybody else, when I needed to b breaking my back for myself? Plus, I started thinking that if I'm doing things begrudgingly, that's not really saying yes. Sometimes I think about saying yes still, but then I really think about it and say no.

Of course this pertains to situations that "no" is an appropriate answer for me. No, u can't use my car if I have to b at work early. No, I will not do ur hair if I have ANYTHING else to do. No, u can't borrow any money, if its not money that i won't need back. No, u can't wear my shirt because u never gave the other one back. And lastly, no baby, u can't have a cookie.
Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 1:42pm
No... People who know that about you take advantage. I either side eye or of its over the phone, I started the "damn...what you gon do?" Idc what was asked or implied. If I don't want/ cant, I wont. in most cases
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2014 at 2:10pm
yes I am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>