Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Are u parts hard to make for beginners?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
sweetApples9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetApples9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Are u parts hard to make for beginners?
    Posted: Aug 13 2014 at 12:31pm
Are u parts hard to make for beginners? I'm getting my new qhp hair and I want to make a u part so bad so I'm not limited to a sew in, but it looks so hard to make. I want to do my u part ivy's way on YouTube, where you measure your head exactly and it fits just like a sew in. I don't want to make one with adjustable straps. Has anyone ever done it this way and is it easy to do? Also, does it look like a sew in and does it look flat? And one more question LOL how long does it usually take to make a u part

Thanks !Smile

Sponsored Links

sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2014 at 12:51pm
There are plenty of step by step videos for making a u-part. I would start with the basics. The shortest wig I've sewn was an hour and half but i wanted to wear mine that night.
Gods Child View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gods Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2014 at 1:02pm
Absolutely Not. They may not be picture perfect the first few times but they are pretty easy once you figure out the type of cap that is best for you. Watch tons of YouTube videos and you will do just fine!
pepsi25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepsi25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2014 at 1:20pm

I actually found my first one to be pretty easy! It still looked like a sewin nobody knew it was a upart wig..but over time you learn little things that you like about making them. For instance my first one I laid the tracks in the U shape at the top ...After making one using the invisible part method I like to lay my tracks that way at the top because I can leave less hair out if that makes since? so instead of making a U shape I curve the ends up to run vertical instead of horizontal. Plenty of videos on youtube though

callmeDEva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote callmeDEva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2014 at 2:17pm
Nope not at all. Idk ivy's method but it also helps to measure your ear and leave out placement with a white crayon or eye pencil before you start.
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2014 at 10:37pm
Mine have always come out very well, but I think the hardest part is picking a cap that works for YOU. In doing cap research, I found that EVERY cap out there had equally conflicting reviews.
I started with dome caps, then tried mesh caps, and then strangely, the mesh cap I thought I'd like the least, and had the worst reviews, was my favorite.

I have a big head and quite a bit of thick, medium length hair. I thought that I HAD to use a dome cap. One I tried mesh caps, I haven't looked back. So much lighter, cooler, dries so quick and flatter.

I used to use wig combs and bobbie pins,but now I sew to my perimeter. I take down completely and rebraid and wash and deep condition my own hair every 3 weeks.

The only major fail I've had was an attempted glue gun w/ keratin sticks wig. The glue seeped thru the wig and was hot, stiff and scratchy. And the keratin glue wasn't as secure as even regular glue gun glue.

I'm a lot quicker now. At 1st, it took me about 5 hrs, now about 3 and my wig lasts 4-6 months.

I DO want to try the infamous "flip over method" or get a closure.

Edited by Cream1970 - Aug 13 2014 at 10:39pm
sweetApples9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetApples9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2014 at 2:25pm
so it was easy for the first time? it was never too big or too small for your head?
jazzired View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzired Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2014 at 2:26pm
I'm almost finished with my first one.  It has been a major project because I boiled the pieces of hair first to make them curly.  So far I think its going okay.  I am sewing on the wig combs tonight.  I will post pics when I'm done.
Beautymeshia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beautymeshia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2014 at 2:51pm
No they are actually pretty simple. I usually use a netted wig cap to sew extensions onto. When I reach the top or "U" area I'm careful to leave just enough space for leave out. The wig clips are great if you do not plan to sew your u-part down. Star
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2014 at 3:33pm
you can do it! get a you have to beef up a manquien head so you can keep you measurement right-
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>