Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Fashion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedAre these dresses too much for a date?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
BlackstarBlue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Are these dresses too much for a date?
    Posted: Nov 19 2008 at 9:16am
Hey ladies, i was out on errands today and i went to the market and got some great bargains!Anyway i bought 2 dresses
This one

http://www.asos.com/Tfnc/Tfnc-Marl-Tulip-Dress/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=462072&cid=2993&clr=Grey&sh=0

(if you copy and paste the links you can see the dress in motion)

I am not as tall as the model and its quite low cut on me so i would have to wear something underneath

Then there is this one. I got it in grey

http://www.asos.com/Tfnc/Tfnc-Sweetheart-Bandeau-Fitted-Body-Con-Dress/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=426151&cid=2993&clr=Black&sh=0

(i'm not being bigheaded but it looks better than me than on the modelShocked. It looks really ugly on screen)

I'm trying to feminise my style more. I don't wear heels and if i'm not raving than i'm in my converses and my woolie hat ( or as my mum states"that horrible rasta hat")
Its for a dinner  date. Does it look like i'm trying too hard? I would wear these to a club/bar normally when out with friends. Or should i just wear some jeans and a nice top?

Edited by BlackstarBlue - Nov 19 2008 at 9:49am
Sponsored Links

cocoLDN View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2008 at 9:19am
no not too hard at all!! out of the 2, i'd wear the first one as its "less dressy" than the second. wow i love that 1st dress
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2008 at 9:48am
Thanks cocoldn!
The only problem is what to wear underneath, although i'm going to see if i can stragetically pin it, its so low!
I didn't think anything of it when i saw it, it was all crumpled up at the bottom of the rail and i saw the detailling at the back and bought it!Urgh i don't even know what shoes to wear

Yogi View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2008 at 9:51am
for me they would be too much. Wear something on the date you would normally would wear if going out with the girls for an evening. Your favourite pair of jeans and a nice top. Wear these dresses further into the relationship and WOW him then. No need to show him too much at the very begining.

cocoLDN View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2008 at 10:03am

What i'd do: you know those basic tops in topshop/primark (credit crunch y'all, lol) with the long sleeves?? the round neck ones though, rock one of those and add a few nice long gold necklaces, black opaque tights and some slouchy boots with a medium heel.

I kinda see what yogi means and when worn with bare arms/chest it def should be for a going out ting... the 2nd dress i cant really see a way to dress it down, but that first dress i could easily wear to work with one of those tops underneath, tights and boots... so im getting that dress!! lol

cocoLDN View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2008 at 10:05am
btw, not over, over slouchy boots - you know the ones that are more on the ruched side, not baggy-baggy??
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2008 at 10:30am
Originally posted by cocoLDN cocoLDN wrote:

What i'd do: you know those basic tops in topshop/primark (credit crunch y'all, lol) with the long sleeves?? the round neck ones though, rock one of those and add a few nice long gold necklaces, black opaque tights and some slouchy boots with a medium heel.

I kinda see what yogi means and when worn with bare arms/chest it def should be for a going out ting... the 2nd dress i cant really see a way to dress it down, but that first dress i could easily wear to work with one of those tops underneath, tights and boots... so im getting that dress!! lol

OMG! Coco are you me??? Thats what i was planning to do!!!! But i was going to wear a long cardi/shrug thingymajig, its like long at the back with long arms its not wool its like some other material.

Yogi i see what you mean, especially since its so low cut on me.I don't eant to look overthetop. I was wearing jeans, boots and a shirt last time and i still looked overdressed compared to himLOL
MissCassC View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2008 at 12:09pm
That first one is hot!  I'd wear it on a date.  My friends do tell me I have a tendency to overdress, but that's just how I like to look.
Phattygyrl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2008 at 3:17pm
Where are yall going? Do you really like him? I wouldn't unless we were going to a nice place, or dancing or something. But they are both cute dresses.
ctownqueen View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2008 at 4:39pm
I love the dresses...but it may be too much for a dinner date.

But u'll be fierce when the girls have another night out! Thumbs%20Up
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic