Perfect Hair Collection

Are retail workers justified in being upset

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 15>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
RoxieDream View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RoxieDream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 11:50am
Originally posted by Tbaby Tbaby wrote:

Actually I agree with her.  Retail isn't healthcare because you can't shut down a hospital for a day.  But hospitals do run skeleton crews on major holidays, too. 

Retailers are just being greedy opening on Thursday evening to beat the other stores that open friday.  If CONSUMERS pushed back and didn't shop on thanksgiving, that would send a bigger message to retailers to stop wasting their time opening and allowing employees a chance to enjoy the day with their families.

absolutely

i've been wondering how much more revenue they're bringing in v. what they would bring in if they just waited a few hours. i'm really having a hard time believing it's some significant amount

especially somewhere like Target .... I wouldn't even blink at Target for Black Friday

Edited by RoxieDream - Nov 13 2012 at 11:50am
Sponsored Links

LilMissSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilMissSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 11:50am
Originally posted by RoxieDream RoxieDream wrote:

I don't think they thought they would actually be working ON Thanksgiving though

Exactly, Thanksgiving Eve...yes, Christmas Eve...yes, Labor day, Veteran's Day, Thanksgiving Day...maybe even Independence day.
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (14) Thanks(14)   Quote Random Thoughts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 11:52am
Word.

If Target wants to make a buck so bad, why can't they just run a special, thanksgiving day, on their website?

I hate the comparing health care to retail argument. As if you can order your heart transplant surgery online like a HDTV.

Opening your store on thanksgiving is just greedy and unnecessary.
csungrl09 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote csungrl09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 11:58am
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

Word.

If Target wants to make a buck so bad, why can't they just run a special, thanksgiving day, on their website?

I hate the comparing health care to retail argument. As if you can order your heart transplant surgery online like a HDTV.

This! How is healthcare and retail the same? Sounds like some of ya'll mad lol
Serwa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote Serwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 12:01pm

Where does it end? If you tell these people to STFU because that's what retail is about, then when exactly can they speak up when they feel that their employer is wrong?

PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by Tbaby Tbaby wrote:

If CONSUMERS pushed back and didn't shop on thanksgiving, that would send a bigger message to retailers to stop wasting their time opening and allowing employees a chance to enjoy he day with their families.

Yes! This is what we're doing; and supporting striking workers.

Edited by PurpleHaze - Nov 13 2012 at 12:06pm
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 12:07pm

Word.

Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 12:10pm

Word.

Thank you
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 12:32pm
But whatever happened to just having seasonal employees who wouldn't mind working on those days?

I worked on black friday twice when I was at H&M. One shift was like 5am-2pm. The other time was like at 6pm-12amOuch

The worst day to work is the day after black friday..hoodrats galore with their returnsSleepy

I do think that this  tactic of opening super early is sure to fail. These retailers have been failing miserably all year, so I highly doubt early openings will be that much of a difference, especially if they are trying to make the quater. Also the deals/sales for Black Friday have not been that great over the years.

Like how many times Target is gonna offer a no-name 80 inch plasma for about $250?
Caligirl85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Caligirl85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 1:18pm

Word.

thank you! i have worked retail for almost 2 years, starting a new job with benefits at the end of the month, but my dumb ass thought it better to leave with a good impression, and volunteered to work Black Friday....ugh....

the key thing here is that other people who work the holidays and aren't complaining, have benefits- they're being paid extra. they're hard work is being recognized and rewarded. retail workers are under paid and unappreciated a lot of the time. what are they getting out of working on thanksgiving? more hours yes

but will those hours help them in providing for there families sufficiently? no...they're losing valuable time with their families to just skate by, and it's not right when you're working 30-40 hours a week during the holidays...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 15>