Perfect Hair Collection

Are retail workers justified in being upset

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 15>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Afrocentchic View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Afrocentchic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 8:39am
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

This thread makes me glad im not in retail right now...Evil azz holiday shoppers...lawd 
word. And I agree with your previous post. I have worked in the hospital, my mother is currently a DoN and my sister is in dietary. We have all had to work holidays or trade shifts to get off early or get the day off altogether. 

That said,  there is major difference between taking care of sick and dying people vs making sure these folks get their flat screens. eff out of here.

And even then, a lot of times patients that can will do the best to get discharged during the holidays. Doctor's usually aren't there either and aren't trying to be so they will discharge as long as everything looks all good.

When the pop on the unit decreases they start sending staff home. 
Sponsored Links

Serwa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (12) Thanks(12)   Quote Serwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 8:43am
Anything for a dollar, I see.

What's wrong with extending Black Friday into Saturday and allowing employees to celebrate with family and friends?
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 9:00am
Originally posted by Serwa Serwa wrote:

Anything for a dollar, I see.

What's wrong with extending Black Friday into Saturday and allowing employees to celebrate with family and friends?

That would make sense..
melly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote melly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 9:06am
I used to work in retail and when I worked on thanksgiving I was paid double. Thats how those retail chain stores are they think your work should be your life and that you shouldn't have a life or time for school, family and friends. I'm so glad that I dont work in retail anymore.

It sucks to work on holidays but as long as your paid double!!!
Maybe that woman in the article should try to get a better job in which she can have holidays off.

Edited by melly - Nov 13 2012 at 9:11am
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 10:00am
She can always quit.
lovelife View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote lovelife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 10:18am
Some of the responses in here are disgusting. Everyone can't just find another job. No, it is not cool that they are making it mandatory to work on thanksgiving. You can't request it off because it is mandatory. Fcuk time and a half when you're making minimum wage and missing out on spending the holiday with your family. And lol at comparing working in health care to working at target.
iSMILE13 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iSMILE13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 10:28am
Don't job apps ask if you can work holidays?
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 10:28am
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

Black Friday is a shytty and senseless shopping day, anyway.

Target is cheap.  They need to offer these employees time and a half plus extra discounts and maybe first dibs at merchandise to make them want to be there.

I hope their employees get first dibs on everything in the store. Its only fair. 

But i'll never understand why ppl will get up at the crack of dawn for some $5 tshirts. Unless you're buying high ticket items....stay at home. And even for those items, i'd rather have my electronics delivered than trying to haul at big a$$ flat screen home. 
miamiu27 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miamiu27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 10:31am

Sorry that happened. Didn't someone complain about this last year as well. Anything for a buck, anything to try and beat another store to the punch. I remember when the only thing open was gas stations on turkey day, if you were out of something you had to borrow or just make due.

They could at least ask for volunteers.
chinadoll77 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chinadoll77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 11:07am
Originally posted by lovelife lovelife wrote:

Some of the responses in here are disgusting. Everyone can't just find another job. No, it is not cool that they are making it mandatory to work on thanksgiving. You can't request it off because it is mandatory. Fcuk time and a half when you're making minimum wage and missing out on spending the holiday with your family. And lol at comparing working in health care to working at target.

So,we're wrong for not feeling bad about someone having to actually work on a job that they made a choice to apply for????Again,my facility is open 24 hours a day,7 days a week,we are required to report to work during storms(hi Sandy),do you really think that I want to go in,and monitor the little pyscho who's tried burning her family up during a blizzard,no...Do,I want to monitor the boy who stabbed his classmate in the neck on Christmas,Hell no...It is part of my job,I decided to apply,interview,and accept the position....
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 15>