FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Are retail workers justified in being upset

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 15>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
nikietc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikietc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 12:31am
they'll be aight. it's not like it's a surprise that a retail worker has to work when the store is open.  there's plenty of people who have to work on holidays. you gotta do what you gotta do. and, since veteran's day just passed, let's think of all the soldiers overseas who have to work holidays. if you're a retail worker, sleep late, have dinner at 3 or 4 pm, then hop in the car and go to work. *shrug* 
Sponsored Links

Samoneisthebest View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote Samoneisthebest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 12:46am
*gets khakis and red shirt ready*

I'll be working 8:30pm to 2am on Thanksgiving. Those hours aren't even listed on my availability cause I'm in school but they sho'nuff got my scheduled to work em. *sigh*

I would normally be taking a road trip to a small pecan farm in Georgia and had a good ole country dinner with family and stories about the good old days.

But money rules everything and living aint cheap. Disapprove
Samoneisthebest View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote Samoneisthebest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 12:48am
Hope everyone I'm going to miss seeing this Thanksgiving makes it to next...

Time is precious yall.
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 12:49am
Why be mad though? They aren't the only ones that have to deal with working on holidays. And IF most retail store are like any other business that makes their workers work on holidays they probably get paid time and a half for working on holidays anyway. Better be glad to be gettin' extra money
PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 12:55am
What if they don't give time and a half. Ex: my job

Can I be mad then?

But these mofos be taking off for their jewish holidays for 'religious reasons'

Real ish I'm side - eyeing everybody who comes in and buys hair products that day smh. Wash ur hair another day
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 12:57am
The real question is....Why the hell is anyone going shopping at 9pm on Thanksgiving. Don't they have families or lives? The fuck lol 
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 12:57am
Black Friday is a shytty and senseless shopping day, anyway.

Target is cheap.  They need to offer these employees time and a half plus extra discounts and maybe first dibs at merchandise to make them want to be there.
OrriannaRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrriannaRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 2:21am
Originally posted by gabi03 gabi03 wrote:

She needs to stfu and put on her sh*tty red shirt and faded khakis and take her ass to work. I know a few people who would be happy to take that paycheck. Her situation sucks but seriously, its retail and retail sucks. 

*sobs and raises hand* CryCry
chinadoll77 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote chinadoll77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 2:24am
I have to work most holidays because my facility never closes.If you chose to work in certain areas that's something that you learn to deal with...
uNaTtaiNAblE88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote uNaTtaiNAblE88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 5:53am
I work on the Strip. wtf is a holiday?

I have only had one Thanksgiving and Christmas off to be with my family since I was 18. I was supposed to have Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve off this year, but we bid for different shifts and now I get nothing. I knew the deal when I got into the hospitality industry.

Business is Business. you are not a person, you are a part, and therefore replaceable. It should come as no surprise that a giant like Target is going to be an integral part of Black Friday. Retail is a beast.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 15>