Perfect Hair Collection

Are retail workers justified in being upset

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 15>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
ImThatDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImThatDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:35pm
They don't need to do it so early...
otherwise...meh...I can't relate...I will be shopping though so if your store is open early I'll be there Stern Smile...
Sponsored Links

Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (16) Thanks(16)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:36pm
See this is what happens when its hard to find jobs and folks get taken advantage of by their employers. In many states its not so easy as just going to find a job. Tarjay was the first retail place i worked at that didnt offer time and half for holiday work. Even Kmart did that had gave u 80% off of certain merchandise andddd made u a big dinner... and yes they are close to being out of business but still...lol that kind of stuff made ppl volunteer to work. Which made them happier workers.... So ya dont be surprised when all the sh!t u want is gone.... because its not... its just in the back being held for a supervisor or summin. 
tasty0619 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tasty0619 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:37pm
damn ya'll rough out chea

I was fortunate enough to stop working in retail at 16 so I would probably lose my mind if I didn't at least have the option to take off....then again they aren't the only ones. My ex worked in a call center for a bank, and she had to work holidays, but at least she would get paid holiday pay and her regular pay
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by dejee dejee wrote:

Originally posted by tropical-punch tropical-punch wrote:

I believe at Walmart employees get some sort of premium pay for Black Friday. 

Really? Stingy azz Wally World is paying premiums?
Right? Wal Mart don't give a damn about their hourly workers.Cry
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:39pm
This thread makes me glad im not in retail right now...Evil azz holiday shoppers...lawd 
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

This thread makes me glad im not in retail right now...Evil azz holiday shoppers...lawd 

i dont even shop on the holidays.LOL i hate it.

i dont understand how it's mandatory for every employee to work that night. are they working from 8pm-8pm? how do the shifts work? who relieves whom?
dejee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dejee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

See this is what happens when its hard to find jobs and folks get taken advantage of by their employers. In many states its not so easy as just going to find a job. Tarjay was the first retail place i worked at that didnt offer time and half for holiday work. Even Kmart did that had gave u 80% off of certain merchandise andddd made u a big dinner... and yes they are close to being out of business but still...lol that kind of stuff made ppl volunteer to work. Which made them happier workers.... So ya dont be surprised when all the sh!t u want is gone.... because its not... its just in the back being held for a supervisor or summin. 

When I was a teen working retail I had to work on tgiving and all the eves. I NEVER got any time and a half or any type of incentive. I do thinks it's crazy that they are opening earlier and earlier though.
nycdiva357 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote nycdiva357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:43pm
lmao i remember last year the news had a little segment where they were interviewing workers ( i wanna say @ best buy) about being unhappy about having to work on BF.

and the reporter goes " well if you weren't working the day-- where would you be?"
i think everyone expected ol' boy to be like- at home sleep; spending time w/ the family, eating more plates etc.

but instead he was like

*i'd be in line shopping w/ my friends*

lmao.
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:43pm
It's unfair. Especially with the crappy pay. Nobody wants to work at 9 pm on thanksgiving to look at yall asses. 
**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:46pm
Target is being stank as sh*t. I dont like that these muhfckas were playing Christmas commercials at the beginning of October, and that they're opening at 9pm on Thanksgiving. Target is a big ass coportation that's gonna make hella money on black friday regardless of when they open, and they're gonna make hella money during the holiday season regardless of when their Christmas commercials are playing. They look pressed, desperate, and greedy, and it's not a good look. 

However, when you get into retail, one of the first questions they ask you is whether or not you're willing to work holidays. I think it's fcked up that they're not getting paid extra for it (they have to leave their families and deal with crazy ass black friday shoppers for damn near min. wage?), but they knew what they were getting into.

Target is still on some fck sh*t, though. 

Edited by **Sk!TtLeS B** - Nov 12 2012 at 11:52pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 15>