Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
LilMissSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 11:21am
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

Working at a hospital is not the same as making someone work at tarjay just so u can get yo bum azz movie for 1.99 sit yall consumption crazedazzes down 

agreed, cuz people still get sick on Holidays...you don't need to buy a crappy tv for $50.
Sponsored Links

RoxieDream View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 11:25am
It's one thing to work Black Friday, but really? Thanksgiving?

I'm pretty sure they should have enough people who don't care about working Thanksgiving for the little bit they actually get paid that they don't have to force people to do it.

Is it really going to bring in that much extra money that it warrants opening their doors on Thanksgiving Day? I don't know too many people who are evening thinking about shopping starting Thursday night.

To me it's just not that serious.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 11:25am
Originally posted by nycdiva357 nycdiva357 wrote:

lmao i remember last year the news had a little segment where they were interviewing workers ( i wanna say @ best buy) about being unhappy about having to work on BF.

and the reporter goes " well if you weren't working the day-- where would you be?"
i think everyone expected ol' boy to be like- at home sleep; spending time w/ the family, eating more plates etc.

but instead he was like

*i'd be in line shopping w/ my friends*

lmao.

wow!
RoxieDream View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 11:26am
Originally posted by BoutThatLife BoutThatLife wrote:

Retail and health care should not be compared. Health care saving lives, that retail sh*t can wait. Its not important but they hype it up like its the biggest deal ever.stores should be closed on holidays

Yup

I prefer just shopping online anyway
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 11:28am
Originally posted by starflower7 starflower7 wrote:

They be lying though. They say everyone has to work on a particular day and then they still go and give off to whom they please. They just tell everyone that everyone has to work so they don't argue about it.
I worked in retail management for a year, and everybody had to work Black Friday. There were only a few exceptions, like people who had multiple jobs and could not work at all...best thing to do would be to lie and say I can't work here because I'm a manager at xyz and I have to be at my own store.
lovelife View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 11:29am
Originally posted by chinadoll77 chinadoll77 wrote:

Originally posted by lovelife lovelife wrote:

Some of the responses in here are disgusting. Everyone can't just find another job. No, it is not cool that they are making it mandatory to work on thanksgiving. You can't request it off because it is mandatory. Fcuk time and a half when you're making minimum wage and missing out on spending the holiday with your family. And lol at comparing working in health care to working at target.

So,we're wrong for not feeling bad about someone having to actually work on a job that they made a choice to apply for????Again,my facility is open 24 hours a day,7 days a week,we are required to report to work during storms(hi Sandy),do you really think that I want to go in,and monitor the little pyscho who's tried burning her family up during a blizzard,no...Do,I want to monitor the boy who stabbed his classmate in the neck on Christmas,Hell no...It is part of my job,I decided to apply,interview,and accept the position....

Congrats Big smile Most people that I know that work in retail DO NOT have options. The one's that have chosen to be in retail (i.e. managers) are not the ones complaining. When I worked in retail a few years ago, it was the only type of job that I could get. There were mandatory days that I could not take off (no rotation, no switching shifts with someone else). You also aren't getting paid minimum wage or maybe a dollar more to deal with a messy store, sh*tty attitudes, and having to be somewhere that you don't want to be. Your job is most likely going to be exactly the same as any other day. Have you ever been shopping on black friday? If not, please stfu Embarrassed You can feel how ever you want, it's still disgusting imo.
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 11:30am
isn't this expanding black friday to purple thursday a new thing?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 11:30am
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

I don't see any real reason why stores are starting black friday ON thanksgiving. I read it's happening at other retail stores too. Seems greedy and unnecessary as hell. 

Right...and people only get there really early at places like best buy for big ticket electronics, all other stores folks don't show up until 8 am.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 11:36am
Originally posted by goodm3 goodm3 wrote:

Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

Black Friday is a shytty and senseless shopping day, anyway.

Target is cheap.  They need to offer these employees time and a half plus extra discounts and maybe first dibs at merchandise to make them want to be there.

I hope their employees get first dibs on everything in the store. Its only fair. 

But i'll never understand why ppl will get up at the crack of dawn for some $5 tshirts. Unless you're buying high ticket items....stay at home. And even for those items, i'd rather have my electronics delivered than trying to haul at big a$$ flat screen home. 
A lot of stores have their Black Friday deals all week. The store I worked at had their sale from Thanksgiving Eve all the way up to Christmas Eve, of course inventory got low closer to Christmas.
Harmonii View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2012 at 11:36am
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

my momma works in health care and might be working. stfu and suck it up.

Exactly..hospitals don't close just cause its a holiday
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 15>
  Share Topic