FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Are retail workers justified in being upset

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
tropical-punch View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropical-punch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Are retail workers justified in being upset
    Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 10:22pm
about working on Thanksgiving Day? or should they just suck it up and work like the rest of us that work holidays (plus nights and weekends)?
(from change.org)

My name is Casey, and I'm a proud Target employee. But I just found out that Target might take away Thanksgiving dinner with my family.

This Thanksgiving, Target could open earlier than ever, with Black Friday shopping starting as early as 9pm on Thanksgiving night. I love my job, and for the past six years have gotten stellar reviews from my supervisors. But I can't even request time off -- it's mandatory for all Target employees to work Black Friday hours, even though it means some people start as early as 8pm on Thanksgiving!

This policy is irresponsible and doesn't give me -- or consumers who want to take advantage of sales -- a chance to enjoy Thanksgiving.

I started a petition on Change.org because Target needs to give Thanksgiving back to its employees by not opening on Thanksgiving. Sign my petition by clicking here.

I moved to California from the East Coast for a teaching certificate Master's program. That means I've been working two jobs just to make ends meet, even when I was going to school full time. I've been looking forward to Thanksgiving as not just a day off, but the only time I'll get all year to see my family.

I know Target won't be happy because I'm speaking out, but that's how important it is for me and my fellow Target employees to spend Thanksgiving relaxing with our loved ones.

Last year, another Target employee started a petition on Change.org asking them to open later for Black Friday that got a lot of attention. I hope that by calling out Target again they will pay attention and push back opening times at stores across the country.

Click here to sign my petition asking Target to save Thanksgiving for both employees and customers by opening later for holiday sales.

Thank you for your support.

Casey St. Clair
Corona, California

Edited by tropical-punch - Nov 12 2012 at 10:25pm
Sponsored Links

kkscottdale View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kkscottdale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 10:24pm
I work at a hospital and I'm working on Thanksgiving. But then again, I do get paid extra for working that day.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kkscottdale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 10:24pm
They need to rotate holidays like they do at other places.
*Belle*Femme* View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Belle*Femme* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 10:26pm
business is business is business
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 10:27pm
my momma works in health care and might be working. stfu and suck it up.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote kkscottdale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 10:28pm
they doing it earlier and earlier though. 9pm is a prime time to be with your family.

Spokenword View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spokenword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 10:30pm
do they get time and a half? i mean, i know it sucks but the holidays are not mandatory that everyone has to observe. i agree with rotate the holidays to allow people to take off. there are quite a few professions who have to work on holidays.
missdeeluxe View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missdeeluxe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 10:31pm
Stupid, imo.
But it's your job.
Request some time off or rotate.

I ended up working every holiday because we were open 24/7 even though no one is gonna come in on Christmas Eve.
But holiday pay = $$
Miss SDY View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Miss SDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 10:34pm
I'm in healthcare and I have to work my regular shift but I do get paid for 16 hours plus time and a half for those 16 hours so I'm good.. I did want to be with my family but I get to see them Christmas..

I do understand how they feel but they know its part of their job..
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 10:35pm
Life goes on. Holiday or not
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System