Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Are Q-tips really dangerous?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Are Q-tips really dangerous?
    Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 3:49am
I've heard they can be but meh...Won't stop me from using them. I don't use qtips often anyway atleast not often enough to cause a significant amount of damage I don't think. That commercial seems like a load of bull just to get you to buy their product anyway
Sponsored Links

Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 3:52am
yes they can damage your ear drum. my mom had the cotton come off her tips before lol. but i never have problems..but dude just buy the thing if you want it. lol
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 4:36am
a vacuum in your ear? ion......

who stickin' a swab that deep tho?  I twist the swab against the ear canal ...I don't push into my ear.
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 4:51am
Hey positive K! and I heard the were dangerous because they can hit your ear drum or something. I still use them.
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (18) Thanks(18)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 5:37am
The people in those infomercials have the most difficult time with simple, everyday tasks.
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (14) Thanks(14)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 5:43am
But they feel so gooooood, unnnnngh~

kkscottdale View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kkscottdale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 5:44am
One time when I was younger, I was cleaning my ears( I love cleaning my ears, it's just one of those things) and the cotton got lodged in my ear. I couldn't hear anything really. I had to go to the ER after my dad's "bright" idea of trying to use a vacuum suction didn't work. It cost about $800 to get it out and the doc said I was lucky because if it had gone even a bit further, I would have required surgery.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 5:44am
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

The people in those infomercials have the most difficult time with simple, everyday tasks.

LOL
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 5:47am
Originally posted by kkscottdale kkscottdale wrote:

One time when I was younger, I was cleaning my ears( I love cleaning my ears, it's just one of those things) and the cotton got lodged in my ear. I couldn't hear anything really. I had to go to the ER after my dad's "bright" idea of trying to use a vacuum suction didn't work. It cost about $800 to get it out and the doc said I was lucky because if it had gone even a bit further, I would have required surgery.

That happened to me once, oh my god, I was so scared! Cry

Luckily, a pair of tweezers and a cousin's steady hands saved the day and my hearing.
MizzAmirah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2013 at 7:14am
Yeah, if you give it to mindless children or shove it down your ear hole. Yes.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic