BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Skin Care > Break Outs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Are Milk and Sugar the Causes?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sasha299 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sasha299 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2011 at 12:34pm
My sister has food allergies - milk and egg specifically that cause painful acne looking allergy pimples.  One way to check out if its an allergy is to keep a food diary. It was only when she looked at her diary that she was able to make the connection and insist on seeing an allergist who confirmed it. Now she cannot have foods made with either egg or milk.

There are alternatives to using milk or eggs - we have sorbet or Tofutti instead of ice cream, use non-egg based egg replacement (stupid people use egg in some of the common egg replacement products WITHOUT listing egg on the incredient lists) in baking goods and use rice/almond/hemp milk. Be careful with soy though because many people with milk allergies tend to have soy sensitivities. Also read labels carefully - its not always clearly marked as containing eggs and milk as ingredients.
Sponsored Links

FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 23 2011 at 6:25pm
If you have a dairy allergy, then I can see how milk would cause you to have acne. I used to drink damn near a gallon of milk a day and I never had acne. I was big as all outdoors, but my skin was beautiful! LOL
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 9:20am
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

ok so i just started an regimen based on the above to get these cystic breakouts under control.  my diet/water intake is pretty healthy but in addition to it i will be doing the following:

1. no milk or milk products

2. lower sugar intake by substituting the brown sugar for maple syrup

3. 2000mg Salmon oil (omega-3)

4. 1000mg Evening primrose oil (omega-6)

5. multi vitamin (that includes iron and vitamin E)

6. Echinacea with Goldenseal root 450mg

7. vitamin A 25000iu (for 2months)

8. probiotic acidophilus

i take other crap too but for other reasons so i wont mention as a part of my acne program.

doing all of this actually worked for me.  i stayed on this course for a year and fell off with the sugar in november but not too bad.  i stopped getting cysts altogether.  i also started back eating cheese and in moderation. also when i started last summer using primrose directly on my face in addition to taking it orally.
PerfectDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PerfectDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2013 at 11:30am
I stopped eating beef and pork and cut my consumption of sugar & dairy products and my skin has never been more beautiful. It has helped me lose weight too. I feel so good!
Chinyesoul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chinyesoul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2013 at 4:57pm
Cows milk is one of the biggest things that contribute to acne flareups. Time and time again, I notice as the whether warms up and I tend towards ice cream (my fav...the only cows milk I intake)...acne comes at my face with a vengeance smh. 

Brownsugar37595 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brownsugar37595 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2013 at 12:43pm
Are milk and sugar the causes of acne. Not for everybody. It could a number of things hormonal, you could be allergic to the makeup you use or the face cleanser or moisturizer. There are a number of things that cause acne. Also if your pores get dirty you can break out so you need to keep your skin clean. I like to use a clarins cleanser and toner and that usually keep acne a bay.

bebe88 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebe88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2013 at 11:35pm
For me, no.

I don't use sugar at all and I only drink almond milk

I am a cheese fiend though......
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com