Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Are hbcu's better?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
linmars View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote linmars Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 12:10am
< FAMUan in the College of Pharmacy. no regrets.
Sponsored Links

modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 12:27am
Originally posted by honniecake honniecake wrote:

don't take some of the nay-saying posts in this thread seriously.

remember, everyone is not what they say they are online...as a good friend used to say, "A lie dont care WHO tell it" smh. dont understand why people would lie about the schools they went to anyway.

anywho, i am transferring from my below average PWI sec school...Howard U, Spelman C, or FAMU ...here I come!

Why would someone lie about where they went to college? It's not like ppl on here are offering jobs where you would need to vie for top ranking. Confused
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 12:34am
Originally posted by modelbusiness82 modelbusiness82 wrote:

Originally posted by honniecake honniecake wrote:

don't take some of the nay-saying posts in this thread seriously.

remember, everyone is not what they say they are online...as a good friend used to say, "A lie dont care WHO tell it" smh. dont understand why people would lie about the schools they went to anyway.

anywho, i am transferring from my below average PWI sec school...Howard U, Spelman C, or FAMU ...here I come!

Why would someone lie about where they went to college? It's not like ppl on here are offering jobs where you would need to vie for top ranking. Confused

It's happened on here before.
nycdiva357 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nycdiva357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 12:41am
 lmao..

that girl tried it.

but w/ that sentence structure- I couldn't take her or her shade seriously.

but blah--
i loved my time at an HBCU.
I also loved my time at an ivy league.

it all boils down to what you make of your education.. how you sell yourself --and who you sell yourself to.
shrug.
KinksnWinks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KinksnWinks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 10:51am
I think i'm gonna go to a HBCU for grad school, I think it will provide an experince you wont get elsewhere
Midwest_Da_Gawd View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midwest_Da_Gawd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 10:56am
Originally posted by Finesseful Finesseful wrote:

If more blacks went to HBCU's, they'd have a better sense of pride & community, but most of you are indoctrinated to believe white is right and that schmoozing with crackas is the key to success. But whatever, who am I to tell any buffoon how to spend their hard earned coonbucks.

LMFAO
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 10:57am
Which school did someone lie about attending? Yale?
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 11:04am
I don't think people lie as much as we think.
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 11:13am
Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

Which school did someone lie about attending? Yale?

lol
whitrhymes View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote whitrhymes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 11:30am
I went to a predominantly white state school for undergrad and the black community there was VERY strong... We pretty much ran the SGA while I was there. It was kind of like having the best of both worlds... We had diverse classroom, social, networking interactions, but we also had many things on campus that were just ours. Because of the size of the black population there, it's kind of like we all stuck together. I remember when I got there as a freshman I immediately felt welcome by all of the blacks, upperclassmen, greeks, geeks, gradstudents, staff...

Le sigh... I miss college 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>