Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Are Christians materialistic.?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 9 Votes, Average 1.89  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Flowing-Ice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Flowing-Ice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 1:18pm
i believe that some sectors of christianity preach blessings [which is where materialistic might come into play]
Sponsored Links

FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 2:51pm
Sleek View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sleek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 3:32pm
The spirit is strong but the flesh is weak.
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 3:43pm
If i am a child of God, and he's my father living on streets of gold, with diamonds and pearls on his throne, don't you think a father wants the best for his kids too? You're blessed to be a blessing.. Please I don't believe in no broke Jesus, b/c Jesus had a treasurer Judias... so obviously he had some money to have a treasurer, and he had a house, its in the scripture.. folks believe Jesus was homeless but he wasn't he was on his mission, therefore he wasn't in the town where his house was.. 
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 3:45pm
you took one preacher and decided we're all materialistic. the world you live in is materialistic. 

oh well, i dont count
<-- materialistic and blessed abundantly 

Edited by SoutherNtellect - Feb 10 2013 at 3:46pm
sbrownie84 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbrownie84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 5:00pm
Hey, I am Christian as well.

I am new to this life, but I have noticed that a lot of the pastors and teachings of many churches I have visited is surrounded around money and material gains. I am not saying it's a bad thing. Just wondering if many of you equate blessing to material gain.
KinksnWinks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KinksnWinks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 5:31pm
are Black people materialistic???

see how broad of a statement that is, there are millions of different black people just like there are millions of christians, so this question is not valid
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 5:35pm
This reminds me of the thread about that fashion blog chick who was Muslim and if she was a contradiction ..in terms of  modesty because she was living lush and flaunting it on tumblr. 
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

This reminds me of the thread about that fashion blog chick who was Muslim and if she was a contradiction ..in terms of  modesty because she was living lush and flaunting it on tumblr. 

is it only flaunting if its stuff that other people want? why can't it be sharing her life like anyone else on tumblr?

unless she's pulling the kim kardashian "look at my shoes. i get them custom. you're a customer" 

Edited by SoutherNtellect - Feb 10 2013 at 5:45pm
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

is it only flaunting if its stuff that other people want? why can't it be sharing her life like anyone else on tumblr?

unless she's pulling the kim kardashian "look at my shoes. i get them custom. you're a customer" 

I dunno....I think the OP in that thread considered having the tumblr page a form of flaunting and being materialistic ...LOL@bol It was a purdy long thread i think I mostly lurked...She did have some nice bags and shoes ..I think purp came in dropped a paragraph or 2 and it died.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic