Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Are Biracial Women Erasing Black Women On Screen?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Are Biracial Women Erasing Black Women On Screen?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

from what I understood Monroe was a HO' and was looked down upon during her time... its kind of strange the way people love her during this time! Grace Kelly was way more elegant!

did you know this about MM

Apparently in the 50s, a popular nightclub, Mocambo would not book Ella Fitzgerald because she was black. Fortunately for Ella, she had a powerful and unlikely benefactor,

I owe Marilyn Monroe a real debt…it was because of her that I played the Mocambo, a very popular nightclub in the ’50s. She personally called the owner of the Mocambo, and told him she wanted me booked immediately, and if he would do it, she would take a front table every night. She told him - and it was true, due to Marilyn’s superstar status - that the press would go wild. The owner said yes, and Marilyn was there, front table, every night. The press went overboard. After that, I never had to play a small jazz club again. She was an unusual woman - a little ahead of her times. And she didn’t know it.” - Ella Fitzgerald
Sponsored Links

SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 1:32pm

The largest problem is that most Black people don't know anything about their history! And even the old people are not passing on what they know! This is one of the main reasons why we are in the position we are in today

I agree
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 2:45pm
I don't think Marilyn was a heaux. I think people wanted to believe she was a heaux because of her not quite right dealings with JFK and Robert. Or maybe i'm giving her a pass because I like her.
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

from what I understood Monroe was a HO' and was looked down upon during her time... its kind of strange the way people love her during this time! Grace Kelly was way more elegant!

Apparently in the 50s, a popular nightclub, Mocambo would not book Ella
Fitzgerald because she was black. Fortunately for Ella, she had a
powerful and unlikely benefactor,

<span ="Apple-style-span" style="color: rgba0, 0, 0, 0.898438; font-family: 'Century Schoolbook', Century, Georgia, serif; font-style: italic; line-height: 18px;">“<em style="border-bottom-width: 0px; border-color: initial; border-left-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-top-width: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-style: italic; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-top: 0px; outline-color: initial; outline-style: initial; outline-width: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-top: 0px; vertical-align: line;">I
owe Marilyn Monroe a real debt…it was because of her that I played the
Mocambo, a very popular nightclub in the ’50s. She personally called the
owner of the Mocambo, and told him she wanted me booked immediately,
and if he would do it, she would take a front table every night. She
told him - and it was true, due to Marilyn’s superstar status - that the
press would go wild. The owner said yes, and Marilyn was there, front
table, every night. The press went overboard. After that, I never had to
play a small jazz club again. She was an unusual woman - a little ahead
of her times. And she didn’t know it.” - Ella Fitzgerald
</span>
I don't know a thing about this woman... I'd rather spend my time learning other things
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 3:17pm
am I the only person who thinks this is weird?
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 5:17pm

<span ="Apple-style-span" style="color: rgba0, 0, 0, 0.898438; font-family: 'Century Schoolbook', Century, Georgia, serif; font-style: italic; line-height: 18px;">“<em style="border-bottom-width: 0px; border-color: initial; border-left-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-top-width: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-style: italic; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-top: 0px; outline-color: initial; outline-style: initial; outline-width: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-top: 0px; vertical-align: line;">I
</span>
I don't know a thing about this woman... I'd rather spend my time learning other things

Because you rather see her as a heaux......smh.

KottonKandy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KottonKandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 7:56pm
Rihanna isn't an actress, but yall give her a pass, but came down hard on Zendaya. Why? "Cause Rihanna isn't mixed with white??

Edited by KottonKandy - Jun 30 2014 at 8:00pm
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

</span>

Because you rather see her as a heaux......smh.

Indeed.  Nature how u gone throw that out there then turn around and say you ain't tryna learn sh*t about her when it looks like she might not be the heaux that you thought? 

Not coming for u, just sayin'.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 11:49pm
We are loosing focus here- Marylin Monroe was no saint. And yes I'd rather learn more about some of the BLACK women who were underrated and overlooked during this time.... What's wrong with that?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 12:00am
Do you think women all over the country idolize this women because of what she did for Ella Fitz? NOPE not likely! Some people would rather LOVE and embrace an image and ideal that has NO reflection of them-
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>