Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Are Biracial Women Erasing Black Women On Screen?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Are Biracial Women Erasing Black Women On Screen?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 8:04am
Not just on screen. In music too. Some of yesterday's legendary powerhouses would be playing at weddings and bar mithzva's nowadays. Aretha Franklin for ex would have never happened.
Sponsored Links

newin2009 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote newin2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 8:43am
I think in this day, we take two steps forward and one step back, which means we are still making strides. They are slow, but we are still moving. As long as a lot of us are aware and fight against injustices and support movies made by blacks or starring mostly or all blacks, things will keep moving forward. Whether Zendaya is biracial or "light skinned", she still represents black. To whites, she is still black.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 8:50am
Nope. Zendaya may be mixed but she doesn't have mixed features, just light skin. Honestly if she were darker I doubt she'd be considered pretty.
fckwitmeuknoigotit View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote fckwitmeuknoigotit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 9:02am
smh i can't believe people are making this a huge deal. the girl who got the role is black. all those women who were posted are black, same goes for obama. that's what they identify with and that's what the world sees them as.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 9:30am
entertainment changes your perception of reality.  biracial women are put in the forefront because thats what black people have been conditioned to believe is beautiful.
even when black people are in control in the entrainment industry they still follow the same script of the biracial ideal even if doesnt make sense people are just expected to suspend belief. they will put a biracial child in the middle of two black parents and the audience isnt suppose to question it and really most wont because the argument is made simply that 'it could happen'.   but its all done to appeal to blacks and this skewed notion of what black in america looks like and the image of what shade of black our community believe whites society will finally approve of.  its basically just wish fulfillment.
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 11:54am
I can't really say this is true and I have been on a tirade about black women and how they are cast but mostly how they are not cast at allLOL

But there is SOME truth in this idea.  Tatee brought up the perfect example.  How Monica Calhoun and Morris Chestnut end up with mixed kids? 

But anyway....I really wish they would stick to the facts when casting real black men and women from real life.  That's not really too much to ask.  There are hundreds of good actors and actresses to who could take the extremely rare roles when the star of a movie is a black person.  

Oh, and then there was having a white woman play an afro-mixed woman.  Both completely unnecessary.  Its their money and their movie but I don't have to watch itPinch

kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 11:57am
And I don't care what they say True Blood traded in a black woman for a mixed girl because they are assholes.  I actually LOVE me some Jurnee, that's my baby but I want Tara backAngry 
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 12:01pm

Tara was annoying
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

I can't really say this is true and I have been on a tirade about black women and how they are cast but mostly how they are not cast at allLOL

But there is SOME truth in this idea.  Tatee brought up the perfect example.  How Monica Calhoun and Morris Chestnut end up with mixed kids? 

But anyway....I really wish they would stick to the facts when casting real black men and women from real life.  That's not really too much to ask.  There are hundreds of good actors and actresses to who could take the extremely rare roles when the star of a movie is a black person.  

Oh, and then there was having a white woman play an afro-mixed woman.  Both completely unnecessary.  Its their money and their movie but I don't have to watch itPinch

<span style="font-size:130%;color:#cc33cc;">
</span><span style="font-size:130%;color:#cc33cc;"><p align="center">

</span>

Yes but that woman wanted Angelina to play her. They're friends so I couldn't be really mad.
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 12:18pm
Geezus.  I never knew that.  Angie should have told that fool to relax and help her find somebody elseGeek
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>