Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Are Biracial Women Erasing Black Women On Screen?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Are Biracial Women Erasing Black Women On Screen?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 9:06am

they are all black to me so picking their exact category never interests me lol
Sponsored Links

CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 9:59am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

they are all black to me so picking their exact category never interests me lol
same! gosh I love all of those old hollywood black actresses...skintone means nothing to me

they had it so tough...everyone knows it was never easy for them being in an industry dominated by whites 
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

I see what you are getting at star but come on

now a dark skin woman can't even admire a lighter skinned black woman for her talent and beauty?

how far do we have to take this and when does insecurity start to play a role?

nope. u's an automatic coon and filled with self hate, doubts and difficulties.

Anyway there are plenty of light skinned women I admire but not from the paper bag test days.
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 1:04pm

why so?
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 1:05pm
its weird tho, most of those women they threw in people faces back then werent even all that hot, they were just light and close to white.  of course there were exceptions like DD but for the most part light equaled beautiful.
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 1:06pm
here we go again....
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 1:11pm

Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Nope. Zendaya may be mixed but she doesn't have mixed features, just light skin. Honestly if she were darker I doubt she'd be considered pretty.

i dont understand this… 

i get that youre not saying that that is your opinion. But yea, i dont understand… 

i can name lots of dark girls with 'regular black' features who are considered pretty. 

but zendayas specific features.. on darker skin, wouldnt be considered pretty? 

i get that skin color plays a role in entertainment popularity, i wont act like its irrelevant.. 

but not to the extreme of, ' shes pretty just cus shes light' 

so you do understandLOL

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 1:13pm
Dorothy was extremely talented though and so was Pearl Bailey

Come to think of it, so was Josephine

It's a stupid world that we won't admire someone because they look a certain way

Black girls admiring Marilyn Monroe wouldn't bother me so much if people actually paid attention to the fact that Black people were just as, if not, more talented than Whites... especially back in those days

It's just strange how people are unmoved by talent until it's coming from a white/light package. This world is fake
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 1:18pm
from what I understood Monroe was a HO' and was looked down upon during her time... its kind of strange the way people love her during this time! Grace Kelly was way more elegant!
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 1:21pm
The largest problem is that most Black people don't know anything about their history! And even the old people are not passing on what they know! This is one of the main reasons why we are in the position we are in today
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style