BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Are Americans Drinking the Wrong Milk?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
hauteshellbi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hauteshellbi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2014 at 3:18pm
i only drink heavy cream (in coffee)

and unsweetened almond milk in everything else
Sponsored Links

TexturizedDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote TexturizedDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2014 at 6:38pm
Update: Jersey cow milk is now available at the grocery store - the brand is Promised Land - I got it from Publix. 
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2014 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by TexturizedDiva TexturizedDiva wrote:

Update: Jersey cow milk is now available at the grocery store - the brand is Promised Land - I got it from Publix. 

i could hug you just for knowing what this thread was aboutLOL
JamCaygirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2014 at 7:16pm
interesting about the different types of milk... i used to drink milk when i was younger in the Caribbean but would never touch the stuff now.

Coconut milk or Almond milk is all i touch... oatmeal in coconut milk cooked with cinnamon and nutmeg is thebomb.com..  (i wonder if thats an actual website?Geek off to check)
JamCaygirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2014 at 7:18pm
weird.
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2014 at 7:36pm
I thought they were gonna rep goat milk. Anyways, I'm lactose intolerant. I drink mostly soy milk and increasingly almond milk. I plan on eliminating soy milk altogether as well because I believe soy can be problematic too. They put it in everything and it can't be a good thing. Too much soy in western diets.
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2014 at 7:37pm
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2014 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by JamCaygirl JamCaygirl wrote:

interesting about the different types of milk... i used to drink milk when i was younger in the Caribbean but would never touch the stuff now.

Coconut milk or Almond milk is all i touch... oatmeal in coconut milk cooked with cinnamon and nutmeg is thebomb.com..  (i wonder if thats an actual website?Geek off to check)

That sounds absolutely delicious! I have some coconut milk in my fridge, I might just try it. Have to look up the calories and fat though.
JasmineE02 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2014 at 9:13pm
I'd be interested to see the research on this.  I know they suggested that there's not a lot of concrete evidence so far.  I'm sure people with a milk intolerance would love to have more options.  
I also agree with Derri on the point that we can do things other animals don't without it being detrimental to our health.  Animals also don't set their food on fire, which unlocks a lot of nutrients in different types of foods.  This is why people who strictly eat raw food diets have to be very careful or they'll have nutrition issues.  

Don't drink milk if it's unappealing or if you think the fat content is too high.  Don't drink it if you have an intolerance.  However, your body will break it down the same way it breaks down everything else.  If it has fat, carbohydrates, protein, vitamins, or minerals that you can process...your body will take it in and break it down. 
ragincajin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2014 at 9:30pm
Thanks Tatee!
Stopped drinking milk ages ago.
I think it was 2002 when a farmer from Indiana got caught pouring Pine Sol into his milk tanks.

Yuck
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style