Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Hair Growth Archives > Hair Growth Archives 2008
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Forum LockedApple Cider Vinegar (ACV) Rinse..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>

Author
J_H_E View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) Rinse..
    Posted: Jun 02 2008 at 4:08am
Does anyone do them on a regular basis?
What exactly is the purpose of an ACV rinse?
When is the right time to do one? After or before a wash/DC?
What are the benefits? WHat are your experiences?
Hell, how do you include this in your regimen?!?!

MY hair has NOT been actin right lately!! I did a super DC with some garnier fructis fortifying mask stuff, and alone it was terrible, so i decided to add some EVOO to boost it. It was still terrible!!! Left my hair a hard brittle, dull MESS!!!

So I'm thinking maybe I'll try this...???
Sponsored Links

iVEEQuietstorm View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2008 at 7:48am

ACV is usually used to clarify.  I've never used in, but I know a few people who dilute it (sometimes 1:1) and rinse. 

Nothing more to add (sorry).  Maybe some of the vets can chime in.
treatlove View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2008 at 7:50am
all i know is used to clarify the hair to get raid of build up, some do it ones a month, others every two weeks, it mostly depends on how your hair feels.
Claudie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2008 at 8:15am

ACV Balance the ph of hair.  Rinsing with ACV will remove build-up, and also close the hair cuticles.  You can use 1 Tbsp. of vinegar to 1 cup water.  Some people do it after shampooing the hair.  I do it after rinsing the conditioner from my hair.  Because, the ACV will close the cuticles, and keep the hair moisturized.

You might need to use a clarifying shampoo.  Because, Garnier products are full of cones.

Edited by Claudie - Jun 02 2008 at 8:43am
alynxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2008 at 8:32am
I am going to try the acv rinse soon and see what results I get!

Sunshyn3 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2008 at 9:49am
Does anyone do them on a regular basis?  I do this about 1-2x a month
What exactly is the purpose of an ACV rinse? To remove residue/build-up, close the cuticles, enhance shine, ph-balance the hair, remove tangles, temporarily reduce porosity in the hair etc.
When is the right time to do one? After or before a wash/DC? I normally do it after everything (shampooing, dc'ing, ACV rinse) to close the cuticles and lock in the good stuff. however, today I tried it the other way around, as a clarifier just to see how it works. I'll let you know after im done deep conditioning under heat.

Hell, how do you include this in your regimen?!?! You can either use it as a replacement of shampoo, or you can do it as a final rinse in your hair after shampooing & deep conditioning. Maybe 1-2x a month. It all depends.

So I'm thinking maybe I'll try this...??? Yes, try it out and see if you like it. I do!!! Simply combine 1/4 cup of Apple cider vinegar with 2 cups of cool water. Poor this mixture over the hair. Rinse thoroughly in cool water.

Edited by Sunshyn3 - Jun 02 2008 at 9:49am
cazzy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2008 at 9:49am
Originally posted by Claudie Claudie wrote:

ACV Balance the ph of hair.  Rinsing with ACV will remove build-up, and also close the hair cuticles.  You can use 1 Tbsp. of vinegar to 1 cup water.  Some people do it after shampooing the hair.  I do it after rinsing the conditioner from my hair.  Because, the ACV will close the cuticles, and keep the hair moisturized.

You might need to use a clarifying shampoo.  Because, Garnier products are full of cones.

good info Ms Claudie I always get the proportions wrong when doing this rinse, I will defo follow what you said,  ps  a big HI (waving)Star
Choongy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2008 at 4:58pm
I want to try it but does it leave a lingering smell?
Candacec3 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2008 at 5:34pm
I was a little skeptical about using ACV but I haven't had a bad experience so far. (Knocking on wood)

I'm not quite clear on the best time to use it either but I've been using it as a final rinse after co-washing. I co-wash about 3 times a week but only use the ACV rinse once or twice a week. I use a 20 oz. bottle and pour about 1/3 of cup (or less) into it first and then fill the rest with cool water. I pour the mixture over my hair a little at a time and make sure all my hair is saturated. I usually only work it in for a couple of minutes and rinse again with plain cool water. The smell can be strong at first but quickly dissipates after a little rinsing.

I can definitely tell a difference when I use it. I love how it makes my hair feel smooth and much easier to manage. I usually don't even have to use a de-tangling spray afterwards.

It's definitely something you have to experiment with to find the right combination for your hair.      
bronzeg View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2008 at 8:26pm
i do ACV rinses when i'm going to do a roller set...i co-wash/wash, DC, then use ACV and water...and let it sit for a few mins..then i rinse it out...there is no smell after that! and it leaves my hair feeling really clean but not stripped!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic