Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
lovely_ladii008 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: aphogee 2 step
    Posted: Jul 10 2009 at 1:29pm
I've had a bottle of this for a while but I haven't used it because I'm too scared to lol. My question is when should I do it? Like a week before my relaxer? I plan on clarifying before my relaxer so is it ok to use this the same day that I clarify? Also has anyone had any bad experiences with the 2 step? And last is it necessary to use the mosturizing conditioner that comes with it or can I just use any mosturizing deep conditioner? Sorry its so long lol
Sponsored Links

r0ck_starr View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2009 at 1:32pm
Isn't that the one that is supposed to be used by professionals?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2009 at 1:44pm
I guess but I think some people use it at home
LadyCC View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2009 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by lovely_ladii008 lovely_ladii008 wrote:

I've had a bottle of this for a while but I haven't used it because I'm too scared to lol. My question is when should I do it? Like a week before my relaxer? I plan on clarifying before my relaxer so is it ok to use this the same day that I clarify? Also has anyone had any bad experiences with the 2 step? And last is it necessary to use the mosturizing conditioner that comes with it or can I just use any mosturizing deep conditioner? Sorry its so long lol

A week before a relaxer is recommended and every 6 weeks to combat breakage.  You can clarify your hair before using the Aphogee 2 step.  Ladies seem to not like the phogee moisturizing conditioner and use substitues.  This is fine as long as it is a good moisturizing deep conditioner.  This would not be the time to just use an instant conditioner. Smile
LadyCC View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2009 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by r0ck_starr r0ck_starr wrote:

Isn't that the one that is supposed to be used by professionals?

Perhaps, but not necessarily as long as you follow the directions to a "T".  Seriously, "professionals" have jacked up a many heads.
LadyCC View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2009 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by blaque_sassi blaque_sassi wrote:

I JUST (like, 30 minutes ago) bought some ApHoge Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor and was wondering if I'm supposed to substitute it for my conditioner... I'm glad you posted this, saved me from having to make a post.

Please note that the Aphogee 2 Step is not the Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor.  Yes, you use it like an instant conditioner for 2-5 minutes.  Some ladies use it as a deep conditioner but I've never done that.  I like to use a moisture leave in to balance.
JaneLane View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2009 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by blaque_sassi blaque_sassi wrote:

I JUST (like, 30 minutes ago) bought some ApHoge Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor and was wondering if I'm supposed to substitute it for my conditioner... I'm glad you posted this, saved me from having to make a post.

The Aphogee Kertain 2 Minute Reconstructor is different from the Aphogee 2 Step protein treatment. The 2-minute isn't a heavy protein treatment. A moisturizing conditioner is good to use afterwards, but I wouldn't say you have to use one...Sometimes I don't & it's fine.

The Aphogee 2 Step protein treatment should be done before your relaxer. Some people use it every 6 weeks. If you're not relaxing your hair that often or your hair isn't damaged, I don't think it's really necessary to use it that regularly...

You don't have to use the Balancing Moisturizer that comes with it. Honestly, you'd probably be better off not using it because it SUCKS. Just find a different moisturizing conditioner and you'll be fine.
JaneLane View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2009 at 2:23pm
Ah, crap..I guess I took too long typing my response. So, yeah, what LadyCC said! LOL

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2009 at 2:24pm
Thank you guys. I feel better about using it now lol.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic