FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone worked two jobs while in school?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone worked two jobs while in school?
    Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 7:40am
How did you do it?  Should I even attempt it?  LMKS.
Sponsored Links

csungrl09 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csungrl09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 8:21am
i had two jobs but they both were on campus. conveniently located and worked with my schedule. one of my jobs eventually banned folks from having a second job b/c lots of people couldn't handle two jobs and school though.

Edited by csungrl09 - Apr 28 2014 at 8:22am
brittsbee View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brittsbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 8:36am
Yes! One job was during school hours and worked around my schedule. The 2nd job was primarily night shift and weekends at the local hospital. It was an admin job so I was able to do homework and study on the job. It helped that my schedule at both jobs never changed so I had a routine.

Good luck!
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 8:39am
Yes 1 was a receptionist at the world trade center and the other was at Express. I did all my homework at the receptionist job.
nala52808 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nala52808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 8:42am
i dont have 2 jobs but i do work 40 hrs a week, and i say dont do it at all unless you are only taking like 2 classes in a semester or have AMAZING time management skills. I chose to do 5 classes but fortunately i work at nights and am on the computer so I get to finish most of my assignments at work and study but it was hard because somedays i get off at work at 5am and gotta be at school by 8 am. I dont live on campus so I have to drive an hour and a half to school so definitely make sure that if you do get another job that it is close to your school or close to your first job so that it will be easier for you. 
And you have to figure out when you can sleep. i sometimes have to take melatonin at school so that i can sleep in the library before i go to work
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 8:45am
I got my degree in nursing while married with three kids, a dog and a job so it felt like it. You can do it.
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 8:50am
Whatever you can do online, hybrid or arranged do that. Take your hardest classes when you're at your best - morning if youre a morning person, etc. Don't forget to apply for scholarships.
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 8:52am
Originally posted by ThatGurlD ThatGurlD wrote:

Whatever you can do online, hybrid or arranged do that. Take your hardest classes when you're at your best - morning if youre a morning person, etc. Don't forget to apply for scholarships.
What state are you in?

ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 8:53am
WA
nala52808 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nala52808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 9:04am
At my job I had to speak with my supervisor to have me not work on Saturday or Sunday because I honestly was feeling really down in the dumps because I had no social life. I told him it was for religious reasons thoughStern Smile. So he reluctantly changed my schedule to mon-fri and i have been alot happier since because now i have more balance and can spend more time on bhm Hug  So, um, what im just trying to point out is please make time for yourself and fun things to do or your soul will slowly fade awayCry

Edited by nala52808 - Apr 28 2014 at 9:07am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>