Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Anyone with food sensitivities?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
SeeminglySweet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SeeminglySweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 3:34am
Originally posted by GCurly GCurly wrote:

A lot of fruits with edible skins (apples, cherries, plums, nectarines, peaches) as well as pineapple make my gums, and mouth itch and swell. Tongue feels all crazy. Lips itch and swell.
*peeks to make sure DH is asleep*
*whispers* I just pop benadryl, then eat all these fruits. 
Unhappy
I know, I know, so bad since I am popping benadryl at least 2 times a week to eat these but a girl gets bred with mango, bananas, watermelon, oranges, and grapes.
I haven't eaten an apple in years. Tried a peach the other day without a benadryl first and swollen eyes, swollen lips, itchy throat and mouth. Blechhhhh!

Have any of you every experimented to see if it's not the actual food product itself, but the additives, artificial flavors, chemicals, pesticides, insecticides, herbicides, fungicides, bactericides, which store themselves in your fat tissue and continue  to poison you long after eating, as well as genetic food modification that may be affecting you?

To the poster above does this happen with organic fruits as well? You may be allergic but you may just as well be suffering from one of the reasons above if its conventional foods and fruit.

*Not singling you out but it's the itchiness of the mouth associated with the skin of the fruit that caught my eye.

Also, (tart) cherry juice is a natural antihistamine and anti-inflammatory, due to the quercetin flavonoid.
Sponsored Links

Starrygurl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Starrygurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 10:05am
Originally posted by SeeminglySweet SeeminglySweet wrote:

A lot of fruits with edible skins (apples, cherries, plums, nectarines, peaches) as well as pineapple make my gums, and mouth itch and swell. Tongue feels all crazy. Lips itch and swell.
Unhappy
I know, I know, so bad since I am popping benadryl at least 2 times a week to eat these but a girl gets bred with mango, bananas, watermelon, oranges, and grapes.
I haven't eaten an apple in years. Tried a peach the other day without a benadryl first and swollen eyes, swollen lips, itchy throat and mouth. Blechhhhh!

Have any of you every experimented to see if it's not the actual food product itself, but the additives, artificial flavors, chemicals, pesticides, insecticides, herbicides, fungicides, bactericides, which store themselves in your fat tissue and continue  to poison you long after eating, as well as genetic food modification that may be affecting you?

To the poster above does this happen with organic fruits as well? You may be allergic but you may just as well be suffering from one of the reasons above if its conventional foods and fruit.

*Not singling you out but it's the itchiness of the mouth associated with the skin of the fruit that caught my eye.

Also, (tart) cherry juice is a natural antihistamine and anti-inflammatory, due to the quercetin flavonoid.

I wonder about this too. When I was younger and on the islands I ate most fruits without any issues that I could remember. Pineapples and kiwis I ate at times, but now older and in the states they give me a bad reaction.
Back home we mostly grew our own foods with nothing on it, so maybe the gm foods or pesticides are giving me issues.Question

Edited by Starrygurl - Aug 12 2013 at 10:10am
Dapheny View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dapheny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 10:31am
Scrimps don't like me much.....
GCurly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GCurly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 11:50am
Originally posted by SeeminglySweet SeeminglySweet wrote:

Unhappy

Yup happens with organic fruit too. 
I find that when I juice these fruits, (skins and all) I have a little itchiness but not severe like when I eat them whole. 
As well, when they are cooked (into pies, sauces, jams etc) I can eat them without an issue.
The doctor said I am probably allergic to the pollen of the trees these fruits are usually grown on. 

Cherries and cherry juice in general tend to give me an upset stomach but I'll definitely try some before eating fruit and be close to a bathroom just in case, lol.
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 12:05pm
No gluten products for me at all.

I become itchy and bloated.
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

I just recently discovered I was allergic to alcohol. I start sneezing and I get a shortness of breath when I drink it. If I want to drink, I have to take an anti-histamine beforehand. I am also. Sensitive to dairy, but I eat it anyway. Chocolate makes me itch, but I haven't given that up, either. Sometimes fresh pineapple makes my throat itch, but canned pineapple doesn't.

Doesn't antihistamines and alcohol compound the effect of getting drunk?
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 12:19pm
The only thing I can think off that doesn't agree with my system is the artificial sweeteners.
dOLLish. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dOLLish. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

i drink a lot of milk and eat tons of dairy products.  i don't know where my life would be if i were lactose intolerant.  i'd probably still indulge and deal with the squirts. 

is anyone gluten intolerant?  how did you find out?  did you eliminate all gluten from your diet and see how your body responded when you reintroduced it?  i don't think i can do it long term but i really want to try it out.
I am.  I actually have Celiac Disease.

Essentially, I did the process of elimination (with doctors).  I had these weird symptoms that no one could explain.  I saw every doctor possible and none of them could give me an answer.  I eliminated all gluten from my diet.  I haven't attempted to re-introduce it.  I don't think people with CD can, but even if I could (just to try), I wouldn't.  It's not worth getting sick over.

I know with my other intolerances it was suggested that I eliminate them and re-introduce them, but I'm honestly too afraid.  It's not worth it IMO, only because of how my body responds to it.
dOLLish. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dOLLish. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 12:32pm

Unhappy
Same for me! I tried removing the skin from apples, so I could eat them, but sometimes I have mild reactions.  

It's weird because for the most part I can eat the fruits once they've been processed (apple sauce, sliced, canned peaches, etc), so I don't know if it's the skin or what.

I always separated my allergies, intolerances, and sensitives ... but now that I think of it, they're pretty much the same.  In addition to the majority of fruits, aspartame, bananas, cinnamon, and oranges, I'm also sensitive to gluten, dairy (lactose and casein so I don't do dairy at all), raw almonds, red dye, and I believe soy.
dOLLish. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dOLLish. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by slykitten slykitten wrote:

Originally posted by dOLLish. dOLLish. wrote:

I have a number of food sensitivities (aspartame, cinnamon, bananas, and oranges).  Immediately after consuming those foods I'll get a really bad migrane (think the worst migraine you could get!).  I'll get dizzy, feel nauseous, become sensitive to light and sound (they worsen the feeling).  Unfortunately, though, OTC medications don't do anything to help.  I'll have to go to the hospital.  So, I've learned to avoid those foods at all costs!

How did you find out about this?  Did you take a test at your doctor's office?
I went to an allergist.  I would get the worst migraine headaches ... and I would get them far too often (weekly).  I went to top neurologists in the city and everything was fine.  They couldn't explain the headaches, but they kept prescribing me medication (which didn't work).  My mom made the connection to migraines and allergies.

I took a blood test for those.  What exactly it did/does, I'm not too sure.  I just remember receiving a paper with red, orange, and yellow boxes (red = severe sensitivity and avoid; orange = moderate and reduce; yellow = mild and also reduce if necessary).

Since learning that, I started to make the connection.  If I mistakenely ate one of those things, the symptoms would instantly come back.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>