Anyone with food sensitivities?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2013 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by HeyBeautiful18 HeyBeautiful18 wrote:

Femme, I'm surprised to see bananas on that list

I was watching Dr Oz one day and he said they were full of B vitamins and good for energy

yea, i eat a banana every day and i don't think it makes me anymore lethargic

however i do think combining many foods with the similar properties will have this affect...so bananas, turkey, etc. all in one day may? im not sure just thought the article was interesting

Sponsored Links

Starrygurl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starrygurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2013 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by yaya24 yaya24 wrote:

Animal milk
Kiwi

For some strange reason I had a crazy reaction to it that and pineapple. I ate them when I was younger, but now.Ouch I am going to try and stop eating bread and milk for a while, see if I feel better.
slykitten View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slykitten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2013 at 8:39pm
Thanks, Femme!  It is a little more than tiredness, but now have a really good reason to avoid those foods mid-day.
MissinCali View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MissinCali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2013 at 8:45pm
Milk and my tummy don't get along and mangos make my mouth itch!
JamCaygirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2013 at 9:15pm
I did the whole30 diet for 2 weeks and when I started eating the stuff I cut out I felt awful.
Dairy I already knew about, but sugar and grains effed me up...
oh_so_moody View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote oh_so_moody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2013 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by MissinCali MissinCali wrote:

Milk and my tummy don't get along and mangos make my mouth itch!

All fresh fruit make my mouth itch. Ouch
BonitaApplebaum View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BonitaApplebaum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2013 at 10:10pm
Almost everything...
All Seafood (except Tuna, Salmon out the can, Shrimp, Mussels, Squid)
Avocado (Love Chipotle Gauc must eat with pop)
Milk (NO longer my friend, like a few people this year)
Watermelon (for a summer made my mouth itch)
All Nuts (except Peanuts, Almonds ?, and Pecans)
GCurly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote GCurly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2013 at 10:53pm
A lot of fruits with edible skins (apples, cherries, plums, nectarines, peaches) as well as pineapple make my gums, and mouth itch and swell. Tongue feels all crazy. Lips itch and swell.
*peeks to make sure DH is asleep*
*whispers* I just pop benadryl, then eat all these fruits. 
Unhappy
I know, I know, so bad since I am popping benadryl at least 2 times a week to eat these but a girl gets bred with mango, bananas, watermelon, oranges, and grapes.
I haven't eaten an apple in years. Tried a peach the other day without a benadryl first and swollen eyes, swollen lips, itchy throat and mouth. Blechhhhh!
JamCaygirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2013 at 10:59pm
I feel bad for anyone who cant eat a mango... man its mango season right now and I cant tell you how much I been eating...
SeeminglySweet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SeeminglySweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2013 at 3:34am
Originally posted by GCurly GCurly wrote:

A lot of fruits with edible skins (apples, cherries, plums, nectarines, peaches) as well as pineapple make my gums, and mouth itch and swell. Tongue feels all crazy. Lips itch and swell.
*peeks to make sure DH is asleep*
*whispers* I just pop benadryl, then eat all these fruits. 
Unhappy
I know, I know, so bad since I am popping benadryl at least 2 times a week to eat these but a girl gets bred with mango, bananas, watermelon, oranges, and grapes.
I haven't eaten an apple in years. Tried a peach the other day without a benadryl first and swollen eyes, swollen lips, itchy throat and mouth. Blechhhhh!

Have any of you every experimented to see if it's not the actual food product itself, but the additives, artificial flavors, chemicals, pesticides, insecticides, herbicides, fungicides, bactericides, which store themselves in your fat tissue and continue  to poison you long after eating, as well as genetic food modification that may be affecting you?

To the poster above does this happen with organic fruits as well? You may be allergic but you may just as well be suffering from one of the reasons above if its conventional foods and fruit.

*Not singling you out but it's the itchiness of the mouth associated with the skin of the fruit that caught my eye.

Also, (tart) cherry juice is a natural antihistamine and anti-inflammatory, due to the quercetin flavonoid.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic