FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

anyone raised a puppy before?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678

Author
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 9:52pm
LOL
Sponsored Links

missunfoolish View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missunfoolish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 7:51am
Originally posted by danieb23 danieb23 wrote:

Even having a kennel in the room may not be good
enough for them. My brother was away at school and bought one of our other broter's puppies and
I kept her for a few days until he could come home to get her. She slept in a box in my room next to my bed, and the bish would whine and try to climb out of the box numerous times throughout the night. I would knock her ass off the side of the box a few times before she got tired and went to sleep for an hour before she would do it again

yes! she tried to climb out too and i thought she would get tired of crying but she didn't
i even tried for an hr Cry

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missunfoolish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 7:53am
Originally posted by uNaTtaiNAblE88 uNaTtaiNAblE88 wrote:

i got my boxer puppy at 8 weeks. she was used to being with her parents and brother so we made provisions for that. not sure if mentioned, but we made sure that she had a large stuffed animal to cuddle up next to in her kennel, and underneath we put a ticking clock to mimic the rhythym of a heartbeat. her kennel was next to our bed so she could see us. she whined for two nights and then that was it.expect whining. its what they do. if you can't handle it, then a puppy isn't for you.

in terms of potty training, her meals were scheduled, no free eating. that way we could make sure she went outside right after. we would take turns letting her out at night, because puppies can't hold their waste in for a long time, and will generally not eliminate where they sleep. she was praised for getting it right, and her word association is still, "potty outside." DO NOT engage in punishment conditioning for potty training, i.e. yelling or hitting when they don't get it right. we just didn't comment on it.

RESEARCH. RESEARCH. RESEARCH. its very helpful so you know what to expect. I visited boxer forums, dog behavior websites, got dog books from the library, etc. A dog is an amazing companion, but you owe it to them to think on their level when raising them, so they become well-adjusted. logic has no place in a dog's life, association does. exercise is everything, its not fair to keep them locked up for hours at a time, so I don't recommend them for single people with jobs. good luck!

makes alot of sense, guess ima save this til im sure i can take care of her
maybe wanting a puppy when im jussst about to start first yr in college is not a good idea Cry
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missunfoolish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 7:54am
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

After thinking about it OP sounds like she wants a cat 

how does it sounds like i want a cat?

i hate them hoes lol
tropical-punch View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropical-punch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 12:52pm
I want a doggie. Poms are too cute!
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by missunfoolish missunfoolish wrote:

Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

After thinking about it OP sounds like she wants a cat 

how does it sounds like i want a cat?

i hate them hoes lol

They tend to be more independent than dogs.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

I want a cat

I can help you out with that
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 2:10pm
dont get a dog
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 2:21pm
are you allergic? or husband?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic