FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

anyone raised a puppy before?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
foxyroy19 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote foxyroy19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 5:53pm
Housebreaking is pretty easy.  When you feed the pup take him outside within a few minutes afterwards to use it.  Do not let him back in the house until he does his business and when he does...praise the hell out of the pup and go back in the house.  DO NOT HAVE FOOD OR WATER available all day at random because then you will have sh*t and piss at random.  Only feed the dog when you know you have the time to take him outside to do his business it should be scheduled feeding and taking him out.  If you can't dedicate the time do not get a puppy.
Sponsored Links

Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 5:55pm
My moms dog was only a couple weeks old when we got him... he slept with someone every night for about a month. Until he got use to the new surroundings, especially at night. In the day time he wasnt as clingy.  However we always had his little bed on our bed so he would learn that where ever his bed was is where he was suppose to lay. Eventually it was moved to the floor of the same room and later out the room.

But we loved the bugger so after some years we would let him in without the bed or he would sleep on our bed. When he had access to his bed he would go lay on it.
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by foxyroy19 foxyroy19 wrote:

What was the problem with the puppy sleeping with you?

imo, they need to learn their space first. if you start it off in the bed, he'll never learn otherwise
Addicted19034 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addicted19034 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 5:57pm
How long can a dog hold its pee while you at work?
foxyroy19 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote foxyroy19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 5:58pm
Southern is right...get a cute little kennel and place it in your room...the pup wants to see you and know where you are.  Like a new born baby that cries all through the night...you don't give up and give the baby a way.  My husband hates when I compare babies to animals....but sometimes if you can't see it that way then maybe you should not get a pup if it is easy to give it away.   What breed are you leaning towards?

(animal lover post)
foxyroy19 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote foxyroy19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by Addicted19034 Addicted19034 wrote:

How long can a dog hold its pee while you at work?

Depends on the size and age of the dog also health.   What age breed are you concerned with?
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 6:01pm
my pups were about 4 weeks i think.. i know they were younger than they're supposed to be. You're typically not supposed to take them from their mother for 8 weeks i think. i had to feed them from a bottle. 

they did whine all night.. but they slept with each other so they were ok. 
one thing i hated was that they would like lay in 69 position and suck each others wee wee's... they were really too young. 

foxyroy19 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxyroy19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

Originally posted by foxyroy19 foxyroy19 wrote:

What was the problem with the puppy sleeping with you?

imo, they need to learn their space first. if you start it off in the bed, he'll never learn otherwise

IA.  But there are alternatives.  Would love to know what breed she is referring to in her original post.
foxyroy19 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxyroy19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

my pups were about 4 weeks i think.. i know they were younger than they're supposed to be. You're typically not supposed to take them from their mother for 8 weeks i think. i had to feed them from a bottle. 

they did whine all night.. but they slept with each other so they were ok. 
one thing i hated was that they would like lay in 69 position and suck each others wee wee's... they were really too young. 

Cry  poor babies...what happened to them?
yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 6:06pm
Keep his kenel outside of your door where he can see you
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System