FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

anyone raised a puppy before?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
missunfoolish View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missunfoolish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: anyone raised a puppy before?
    Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 5:44pm
long story short

i want a puppy. asked for one back in june & gave up cause i didnt know what i was in for
she kept crying when she wasnt sleeping in the bed with me.
kept everyone up all night.
everyone blamed me so i just gave her to a friend

but i want to try again cause i realllyyy want a dog
i had one before but he was already grown & what not.

any tips on taking care of a puppy, that is if i get one.. again :/
Sponsored Links

coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 5:47pm
i had 3. 

it can be hard and frustrating but for the most part it was fine. i gave away 1. 
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 5:48pm
A few times but how young of a puppy are you talking? The younger it is the more they want to be up under you...I mean they have just been removed from their mom so they seek security. Maybe u should start with a puppy that's a few months to a year old who has been around ppl for awhile and is use to being left alone.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missunfoolish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 5:48pm
[QUOTE=coconess]i had 3. 

it can be hard and frustrating but for the most part it was fine. i gave away 1. 
[/QUOTE

how do you deal with them wanting to sleep with u and never in their own space?
my last cried like hell alll night, even tried to sleep through it hoping she'd stop but didnt.
then pottytraining was hell too smh
foxyroy19 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote foxyroy19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 5:48pm

What was the problem with the puppy sleeping with you?

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missunfoolish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

A few times but how young of a puppy are you talking? The younger it is the more they want to be up under you...I mean they have just been removed from their mom so they seek security. Maybe u should start with a puppy that's a few months to a year old who has been around ppl for awhile and is use to being left alone.

yea i forgot how old she was but i know she was young. maybe that was it
danieb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote danieb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 5:50pm
All young puppies will cry when they aren't sleeping with you, you may want to get an older dog
if your family can't handle the crying.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missunfoolish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by foxyroy19 foxyroy19 wrote:

What was the problem with the puppy sleeping with you?

i dont want puppy all over my bed lol
+ i want to set boundaries so she wouldnt get use to it
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missunfoolish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by danieb23 danieb23 wrote:

All young puppies will cry when they aren't sleeping with you, you may want to get an older dog
if your family can't handle the crying.

really? how long does the crying usually go on tho?

SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 5:53pm
got my dog when he was 6 weeks, he's 3 now. we tried to make M.D. sleep in the laundry room. he wasn't having it. He only sleeps where he can see you. so he slept in my room in a kennel til he got old enough to sleep in his bed. the kennel needs to be small, they don't tend to potty where they sleep.

when you're trying to train him, we took him out every few hours. foxy reminded me, we actually took him out not long after eating. if he went on the floor, i immediately took him outside. praise or treat him when he does it right. same goes for tricks

once they figure out the rules, which just takes time (few months for M.D.), it's easy
feed them, get them their shots, a good flea medicine. and show them love and attention

Edited by SoutherNtellect - Dec 03 2012 at 5:58pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System