anyone raised a puppy before?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
missunfoolish View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missunfoolish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 6:26pm
i think i want a lab 
Sponsored Links

bubblyboo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote bubblyboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 6:30pm
My family bred dogs for years so I've raised over 500 puppies. I'm being honest but I don't think you are ready for a dog. Especially since you live with other people. It will be a hassle for them. Maybe you can grin and bear it but others won't want to put up with it. Puppies cry, whine, bark, chew up sheit and require just as much attention as a baby IMO especially when they are only a few weeks/days old. Just wait. You don't want to get a puppy thats a few months old. You'll be taking the fun out of experience... you know the cute stuff they do, holding it etc... 
foxyroy19 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxyroy19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by Addicted19034 Addicted19034 wrote:

Originally posted by foxyroy19 foxyroy19 wrote:

Originally posted by Addicted19034 Addicted19034 wrote:

There's a ten ear old pair of brother I'm looking at and a 3 3 year old

LOL What?  Random dogs from the pound?

They not at a pound, they are in foster care right now..and don't you adopt from a shelter? Where else am I supposed to be going

I didn't know if you were going to a breeder for a Portugese water dog or York shire terrierSmile  When I say random...I generally mean mixed breed where you don't know what behavior you are getting even though pound dogs sometimes make the BEST PETS. 
The foster Parents should be able to give you a gage how long the dogs can hold thier piss.  If they can't then I would run from that foster parent because that means they don't have a gage of the dogs in thier care. 

Regardless of size you can guesstimate accidents to happen less if you ensure your dog is let out every morning like clock work and at night before you go to bed.

Generally,  Yorkie size dog 10lbs or less need to go out more often.  If you are gone to work lets say 8 + hours a day it would be advisable to pad train your small dogs in this size range. 

If the dog is 15 to 20lbs they can generally comfortable hold their piss for about 6hours but you are asking a great deal from a dog this size but you may be lucky to find one that can hold it to this time frame.

Usually a dog in the 45lb + range can hold their piss for 8hrs or longer as long as you make sure they are let out in the morning  to relieve themselves.   I had a Great Dane that could hold it that long and a Austrailian Shepard who was in the 45lb range.  But this is dependent on the health of the dog and not written in stone.

SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by missunfoolish missunfoolish wrote:

btw, did u ever have to leave the puppy alone or something
how do u watch them 24/7

i start school in jan and ima have to leave in the morning

ah everything just not panning out right Cry

yep. he had a baby gate Embarrassed i left him his food, a potty bad, bed/kennel, and a toy
he cried. but hopefully he got over and went to sleep.

now, he just chills around the house.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missunfoolish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

btw, did u ever have to leave the puppy alone or something
how do u watch them 24/7

i start school in jan and ima have to leave in the morning

ah everything just not panning out right Cry

yep. he had a baby gate Embarrassed i left him his food, a potty bad, bed/kennel, and a toy
he cried. but hopefully he got over and went to sleep.

now, he just chills around the house.

this gives me hope
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 6:33pm
sometimes i yelled at them and popped them. 
but i think i just learned to ignore it.. 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote missunfoolish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by bubblyboo bubblyboo wrote:

My family bred dogs for years so I've raised over 500 puppies. I'm being honest but I don't think you are ready for a dog. Especially since you live with other people. It will be a hassle for them. Maybe you can grin and bear it but others won't want to put up with it. Puppies cry, whine, bark, chew up sheit and require just as much attention as a baby IMO especially when they are only a few weeks/days old. Just wait. You don't want to get a puppy thats a few months old. You'll be taking the fun out of experience... you know the cute stuff they do, holding it etc... 

BUT I REALLY WANT IT

& my hope is destroyed

foxyroy19 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxyroy19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 6:35pm
What size dog do you have Southern?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missunfoolish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

sometimes i yelled at them and popped them. 
but i think i just learned to ignore it.. 

popped them Cry
*Belle*Femme* View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Belle*Femme* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 6:36pm

Originally posted by bubblyboo bubblyboo wrote:

BUT I REALLY WANT IT

& my hope is destroyed

aww this gif is breaking my heart.Cry
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair