Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Anyone order from UK clothing sites

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
keelolo1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keelolo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone order from UK clothing sites
    Posted: May 05 2013 at 9:08pm
I order a lot of clothes online and recently stumbled on a few clothing sites based in the UK. (yes I'm late) but I'm nervous about ordering the wrong size. Anyone have any experience ordering clothing and finding the size for you. I know a UK 12 is not the same as US 12. Also, any website recommendations?
Sponsored Links

Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2013 at 9:10pm
I heard the UK sizes are 4 more than the US sizes, so if you are a US 12, you are a UK 16. If you are a US 14, you are a UK 18 (that is me). If you are a US 8 you'd be a UK 12. Get it? I don't order from UK stores, though their fashion is very cute.
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2013 at 9:13pm
I order from Asos and Boohoo. Boohoo is more generous with their sizing.
You usually order 2 sizes up when it comes to UK sizing. Make sure you check out the fabrication though. Both sites are great at showing how the clothes look/hang on the body (runway videos).

Dorothy Perkins is another site I ordered from. Their sizing is sketchy like Asos though.

JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2013 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

I order from Asos and Boohoo. Boohoo is more generous with their sizing.
You usually order 2 sizes up when it comes to UK sizing. Make sure you check out the fabrication though. Both sites are great at showing how the clothes look/hang on the body (runway videos).

Dorothy Perkins is another site I ordered from. Their sizing is sketchy like Asos though.

I've been wanting to order from Asos for the longest. I will take the plunge soon.
keelolo1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keelolo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2013 at 9:15pm
Thanks y'all, I'm actually on Boohoo now. Their body con and midi dresses are to die for.
nycdiva357 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nycdiva357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2013 at 11:43pm
riverisland, asos, dorothy perkins, aquabyaqua,  lipsy, etc.

generally speaking its supposed to be UK 16= US  12

but like someone said... asos sizing can be way the heck off.
I can order 3 different things from asos in the same exact size and=
one item will be too big.
one item will be too small.
and the other will fit like a dream.. lol

Edited by nycdiva357 - May 05 2013 at 11:44pm
**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2013 at 1:19am
I've only ordered from asos and topshop, and they both have US conversions. I've never had issues with sizing from either one, but then again, I've only ordered tight and/or clingy dresses.
zsazsa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zsazsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2013 at 8:30am
You will be fine. As said above, a UK 8 is US 4. The US is in denial about their sizes. 

lol, joke (cough) 

What worries me is the shipping custom fee business. I ordered a pair of Jordan's for my son on Footlocker US as they did not have them on the UK site at that time. Postman came with delivery and I had to pay him £25 for custom fee!  
Prazol60 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2013 at 2:49am
I order from the UK a lot. Boohoo is pretty fair in their clothing sizes, they have a chart on their website. I would compare it to the one one on eBay to be sure of the size.
I've found when ordering from stores outside of my area that it helps to compare size charts on different sites to be sure. If you are lucky then you can find one with actual measurements.

Edited by Prazol60 - May 07 2013 at 2:49am
goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2013 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by zsazsa zsazsa wrote:

You will be fine. As said above, a UK 8 is US 4. The US is in denial about their sizes. 

lol, joke (cough) 

What worries me is the shipping custom fee business. I ordered a pair of Jordan's for my son on Footlocker US as they did not have them on the UK site at that time. Postman came with delivery and I had to pay him £25 for custom fee!  

this! I try to use DHL when I can. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic