Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedAnyone on accutane?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
AfricanQueen View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone on accutane?
    Posted: Jan 31 2009 at 1:24am
Anyone on accutane? I start in about a month. Had my first blood test. 
Sponsored Links

gorgeouslady View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2009 at 6:29pm
i would love to be on accutane but don't have insurance at the moment.how do you guys afford accutane and if you use insurance,what companies would be the best that would take care of some of the accutane cost.i have been suffering from persistant moderate acne(big white and blackhead) and nothing seems to work.my self esteem is quite down because of this and i just wish for clear skin .please let me know how you pay for accutane and keep us updated.thanks
Jodian89 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2009 at 7:55pm
haha....i thought i was in the clear until my insurance said hold up, this isnt medically necessary...stopped it immediately...so i have to start all over ...everyone is commenting on my horrible skin
gorgeouslady View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2009 at 8:00pm
it's really sad how some insurance companies can be so cruel and say painful acne is not medically necessary.i read on some forums though that united health care and blue cross&blue shield took care of their accutane costs.don't know how far that goes though.i think there's no point in getting insurance if you can't use it when you really need it
debfnp05 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2009 at 9:33am
I just started Accutane 1 week ago.  Of course I haven't seen any improvements yet but I am already experiences the dry lips. I am taking 30mg twice daily. With my insurance the cost is only $5 (generic).  I have suffered with acne since I was in middle school and nothing has helped long term so my doctor suggested accutane so I'm praying that it works for me.
imani1133 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2009 at 9:12am
i'll be starting treatment soon. What are some products as far as moisturizer/vitamins if any are u using to combat dryness?
bslorbust View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2009 at 4:43am
I use La roche toleriane fluid and anthelious sunscreen for dryness on my face. For my body, I mix shea butter and lac hydrin ( lactic acid based lotion that exfoliates skin ). I drink 3 liters water per day, and I take vitamin 3 400 iu with three fish oil capsules. I 'm only at 40 mg, but I feel the dryness. I'm experiencing vaginal dryness to . Has anyone experienced this? Someone told me the fish oil should help. I just hope it is not countering the effects of the accutane..
Ms.Sham View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2009 at 9:46pm
I'm supposed to start Accutane in April. The only thing I am nervous about is making sure that my insurance will cover it. My doctor was adamant about me having insurance before deciding to put me on it. Hopefully I won't have to use it for more than 3 months though, because it's not as severe as it used to be. It's very persistent though. I've had it for the past 10 years now all over my face, chin, back, and chest. I've been praying to get on Accutane for years and swore that I would never wear make-up (foundation) again if it worked.
nichelle_83 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2009 at 8:58pm
Im about to start Accutane on the 27. Im a little nervous about it, but at this point im willing to try anything. Im 25 and too old to still have acne and break outs. I also have body acne to that has left scars on my arms and back. So wish me luck ladies!!! And I will let you know how it works out.
Ms.Sham View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2009 at 2:50pm
Good luck!

I'm on my second month and my skin is starting to look nice. At first the only irritating thing was my lips being constantly dry, and after trying everything I found that Burt's is the best thing for them.

My face is super dry, but it's so smooth and my dark spots are fading. The bumps on my back and chest have been disappearing as well and the skin is so smooth.

I'm about 90% clear now, and am just waiting to see if the dark spots will fade away.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic