Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Relationships
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone lonely friendless in a relationship?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>

Author
KhadiNiaomi View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KhadiNiaomi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2013 at 3:37pm
^OP thats a man, he's trying to hit on you. And Im going thru the same thing. Today I just met this girl, and I was so press to get her number and hang out lol Just small talk with ppl its not hard.
Sponsored Links

Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2013 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by DaSweetestChocolate DaSweetestChocolate wrote:

I feel so lonely. I've been in a relationship for 5 years and most of my friends and I have grown apart. I need friends help! My boyfriend hasn't been doing his job as a boyfriend and I really just need some girlfriend time. What sites besides meetup.com can I find friends? I really miss girl talk dining out shopping etc. Thanks for any help!

I don't understand how all your girlfriends have grown apart from you. All of them?

What are you not telling us in relation to your boyfriend?
Badgurlcece View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgurlcece Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2013 at 4:51pm
Well I live in SC, bt it's hard to find friends later in life. Idk how many events has came & gone because I didn't have anyone to go w/ me. I have outgrown the ppl I use to b friends w/.
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2013 at 8:25pm
Is your boyfriend not doing his job or is it that you have no social life and depend on him too much in that area? The reason why you and your friends grew apart is because when you got a man...you probably stopped coming around. Ladies..just because you get a man shouldn't mean your life and everything should be invested in that man. Your life should remain the exact same as it was prior to his arrival..the only thing is you will probably spend more time with him....he will understand. 

Anyways..you may have to enjoy just your own company. I've lived in places where I had no friends and it was my choice to leave my hometown...I made very few friends because it is harder later in life to meet people you mesh with...so I just started doing things by myself and enjoyed doing it and met people in the process. When you are busy having fun..you attract others who are busy having fun and ya'll have fun together. 

OP if you have ambitions to move out of state...do it. It isn't your fault your boyfriend wants to be responsible for his mother's kids. Live your life honey...he will follow if you are that serious, but never put off your dreams and plans for others. Life is too short and you will regret it one day if you don't do the things you want to do because you are waiting around for others.
Spokenword View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spokenword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2013 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by khivey khivey wrote:

Is your boyfriend not doing his job or is it that you have no social life and depend on him too much in that area? The reason why you and your friends grew apart is because when you got a man...you probably stopped coming around. Ladies..just because you get a man shouldn't mean your life and everything should be invested in that man. Your life should remain the exact same as it was prior to his arrival..the only thing is you will probably spend more time with him....he will understand. 

Anyways..you may have to enjoy just your own company. I've lived in places where I had no friends and it was my choice to leave my hometown...I made very few friends because it is harder later in life to meet people you mesh with...so I just started doing things by myself and enjoyed doing it and met people in the process. When you are busy having fun..you attract others who are busy having fun and ya'll have fun together. 

OP if you have ambitions to move out of state...do it. It isn't your fault your boyfriend wants to be responsible for his mother's kids. Live your life honey...he will follow if you are that serious, but never put off your dreams and plans for others. Life is too short and you will regret it one day if you don't do the things you want to do because you are waiting around for others.

i was going to say the same thing. did you push friends away when you got a man? you have to make sure you want friends to want friends, not just to fill a void when your man is acting up. 

but i agree with the others, just join groups, events, networking events, gyms, etc.  

DaSweetestChocolate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaSweetestChocolate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2013 at 12:44am
Thanks ladies for all the advice. My close friends and I have grown apart because most if them move to another city and attended college. My other friends are married and work slot so it's no time for fun with them. I went to a community college and found a good job. As far as my boyfriend I do depend on him too much. It's like he's my only friend. I agree I should go ahead and pursue my plans to move I'm not married. Thanks again ladies I appreciate it.
Morris Chestnuts View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Morris Chestnuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2013 at 1:30am
Originally posted by KhadiNiaomi KhadiNiaomi wrote:

^OP thats a man, he's trying to hit on you. And Im going thru the same thing. Today I just met this girl, and I was so press to get her number and hang out lol Just small talk with ppl its not hard.

u want me for urself huh
Up&Out39 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Up&Out39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2013 at 1:37am
Damn, Denzel is looking fine there.
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2013 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by DaSweetestChocolate DaSweetestChocolate wrote:

I try to do hair from time to time. I joined a gym but no new friends made. I swear I really have no social life. It gets worse by the day. I associate with a few girls but they aren't friend worthy. No ratchetts Don't get me wrong I can have my fun to but some of these girls in my area NO ma'am

ugh me too, it's awful! I moved to another country and haven't been able to make friends, since I was busy working, learning the language and also the limited amount of cash didn't allow me to go to places or do things that would facilitate new friendships.
I don't even know where to start.
DaSweetestChocolate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaSweetestChocolate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 24 2013 at 8:05pm
What countryside you in? Just curious
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair