Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone in the military?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
morenaloca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morenaloca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone in the military?
    Posted: Apr 22 2013 at 6:58pm
What branch?
What was basic training and the pay like?
What is your job? 
Do you like it?
Is there anything the recruiter didn't tell you that you wish you had known?

I am interested in joining the coast guard and was wondering if anyone has any advice, even if you are in a different branch. I took the practice asvab and had an average of 80% (in all subjects/sections).
Sponsored Links

Prazol60 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 7:00am
I saw that several women in the natural hair section were in the military

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morenaloca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 9:33am
Thanks for the response. I will go looking now Lol
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 3:04pm
im joining the Army.  
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morenaloca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

im joining the Army.  

Why the army?
FearlessNik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FearlessNik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2013 at 7:41am
You just need to talk to recruiters. They will answer those questions. But the main question you did not ask is WHAT IS THE DEPLOYMENT ROTATION?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morenaloca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2013 at 10:39pm
I wanna hear answers from black women.
FearlessNik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FearlessNik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2013 at 1:09am
Originally posted by morenaloca morenaloca wrote:

Do you not have black women recruiters in your area?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morenaloca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2013 at 2:45am
Originally posted by FearlessNik FearlessNik wrote:

Originally posted by morenaloca morenaloca wrote:

Do you not have black women recruiters in your area?

Not that I can find Cry They are mostly white men. Not that I don't like white men but I just want to  hear what military life is like from an enlisted person. I expect recruiters to tell me what I want to hear so I can sign the contract.
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 26 2013 at 2:15pm
I strongly encourage anyone joining the military to go into the Air Force. As a former Army wife and now working at a trade school, living in a city that has Air Force and Army bases, Air Force jobs are the most like civilian's and it's usually easier to transition back into and find work in the public sector. It all depends upon your MOS. If you are in the Army and get a non combat MOS, you should be ok. But if you get Artillery, Cavalry, Infantry, Transportation ,etc type of MOS', you will likely find it hard to find employment once you get out. Medical, Human Resources, etc MOS's will be better later.
My ex hubby did 20 yrs in the Army, 5 of which he was a recruiter and has told our kids he doesn't want them to join the Army and if they do, which MOS' to select. (all non combat) Your ASVAB scores will determine which MOS's you qualify for.

The Air Force and Navy are looked at to be more elite than the Army and Marines. My daughter wanted to go into the Air Force but they do not have a veterinarian MOS, so she will be going into the Army as an officer once she is done w/vet school.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic