Forum Home Forum Home > My Spirituality > Alternative Religions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Anyone In PALO Religion?

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Chola View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone In PALO Religion?
    Posted: Sep 26 2010 at 6:50pm
ASA,

I havent seen a topic on Palo, so i figured i would start one....I would like to know if theres anyone out there that is into PALO? If so how long have you been practicing?
Sponsored Links

Arielle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arielle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2010 at 10:32pm
While you are waiting for replies to your original question, could you provide a brief explanation of what Palo is and what it entails?

I have just recently heard of it, but I would love to learn more.
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2010 at 3:16pm

dp

Edited by Rumbera - Sep 27 2010 at 3:19pm
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2010 at 3:18pm
What exactly do you want to know ? I do not practice it but very familiar ...
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2010 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by Arielle Arielle wrote:

While you are waiting for replies to your original question, could you provide a brief explanation of what Palo is and what it entails?

I have just recently heard of it, but I would love to learn more.
Palo has its roots in the Congo River|Congo basin of central Africa, from where large numbers of African slaves were brought to Cuba. Accordingly, a great part of Palo Monte's liturgy|liturgical chants and invocations are in a mixture of the Spanish language and Kikongo languages, other influences being introduced through their presence in Spanish-speaking Latin America.
The Palo belief system rests on two main pillars: the belief in natural ("earth") powers, and the veneration of the spirits of the ancestors.

Natural objects, and particularly sticks, are thought to be infused with powers, often linked to the powers of spirits. These objects are known as "nganga" and are the ritual focus of Palo's magical rites and religious practice.

A certain number of spirits called Mpungu inhabit the Nkisi (sacred cult objects, also spelled Inquice, Inquise, and Enkisi). Mpungu are well-known in name and deed, and are venerated as gods. They are powerful entities, but they are ranked below the High God Zambi or Nzambi.

The main worship and practice of Palo focuses upon the religious receptacle or altar known as a ''Nganga'' or ''Prenda''. This is a consecrated vessel filled with sacred earth, sticks (''palos''), human remains, and other items. Each prenda is dedicated to a specific spiritual Nkisi. This religious vessel is also inhabited by a muerto or spirit of the dead (almost never the direct ancestor of the object's owner), who acts as a guide for all religious activities which are performed with the Nganga.

The divination methods used in Palo are various. One, called ''Chamalongo'' utilizes shells or disks of various materials, often coconut shells. A more traditional method, ''Vititi Mensu'', is a form of envisioning or scrying, using a sanctified animal horn capped with a mirror.
Arielle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arielle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2010 at 3:34pm
Thanks Rumbera!

I did see that explanation on Wikipedia.  I would like to read more in depth about it though.  I'm not shopping for a new religion, but I find this extremely fascinating.  I love to expand my knowledge in non-Western philosophy and religion.
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2010 at 9:02pm
Arielle, I figured that read the wiki definition.
OP, I think there is a sub-forum on mysanteria.com for Palo. If you do not find any answes here.
Chola View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2010 at 9:13pm
thanx to all that replied....appreciate it
Demiilove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Demiilove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2012 at 4:41pm

for palo you JUST cant PRACTICE it you have to be in the religion to work with the darkside . 

this religion has been in my family for years and i know a lot about this.
smartgirl88 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smartgirl88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2013 at 8:08am
I realize that this forum is a little old, but I just wanted to say that referring to the Palo religion as the dark side is not acceptable, too many times people are misinformed about the religion and people think its some scary evil dark religion. Please before making comments understand first what it is you are saying, there are people who would like to learn and understand the truth. If you are gonna be a teacher teach that what you know. Thank You
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic